Chapter 14

First of all, 1K views?! Ngl, I stared at my screen in shock when I first found out. But really, tysm, it's a great feeling knowing that people actually read your writing. 

Dream POV

"So... about the dance." I said, trying to break the awkward tension. Fuck you Sapnap, fuck you Sapnap, fuck you Sapnap, fuck you George, fuck you George, fuck you George. "Oh... I'm not going to it." He said, looking away and at the sunset instead.

"Why so?" I asked. So he's not taken by someone... no what am I thinking? I can't ask him. 

"No one to go with. I'll probably watch a movie with my family or something, you?" He said, still refusing to look at me. The sun was sending orange glows at Wilbur, highlighting his hair. It was truly the golden hour. The cool breeze felt nice, ripping through Wilbur's hair. That's when I realized he was waiting for an answer from me. 

"Oh uh... I don't know myself to be honest." I said. He hummed in response. We sat there for a while, sitting and watching the sunset. Or... he was watching the sunset. I was watching him. Pretty.

"What?" He said, pink sneaking up his cheeks. Oh shit. I said that out loud?

"The sunset." I quickly said. He let out a sigh of relief? Disappointment? I didn't really know. "Do you have any idea why George and Sapnap set us up here?" I asked. For some reason, Wilbur turned really pink at that question. Probably the cold, it is pretty chilly. 

"No idea!" Wilbur said, a little bit too enthusiastically and quickly. I shrugged, brushing it off. 

"Have you ever been in a relationship?" Wilbur asked abruptly, he then blushed, "sorry. That wasn't very kind of me. You don't have to answer, that was a pretty personal question." I laughed quietly. He's cute. 

"It's fine. And no, I haven't. I've never been good at that type of stuff." I answered. It was true. I'd never been attracted to any of the girls who keep coming up to me. I've only liked guys, which led to me to the conclusion that I'm gay. Simply gay. Although, only George and Sapnap knows that.

"Oh... I would've thought someone like you would've dated before." Wilbur said. I smirked, "What's that supposed to mean?"

He flushed, "I didn't mean it in a rude way. I meant it, like-," he sighed in defeat, "I don't know what I meant actually." I laughed and he smiled. 

We went quiet again. Shit, what do I say? 

Wilbur POV

I sat there, highly aware of the way everything was. The way he was so close to me, the way that my heart was beating, the way that I was dressed. I was extremely aware of everything. It wasn't helping that we were talking about the dance. I could hear Sapnap in my head, C'mon bro, just ask him out. Nothing's bad gonna happen, c'mon. 

"Willyougotothedancewithme? IreallylikeyoualotandI'vebeenthinkingaboutthisforawhilenow." I blurted out. FUCK! SHIT! NONONONONONONONNO, LET ME DIE IN A HOLE. GET ME OUT, GET ME OUT. Heat slowly rose to my face, making me want to bury myself alive. 

"What?" He said. 

"Uh. Well- I... I really like you. Like more than a friend. I totally understand if you don't want to be friends with me anymore because this is weird and I totally understand if you think that I'm weird and I totally understand if you're-" I was cut off by Dream.

"You like me?" I looked down at my feet and sheepishly nodded, knowing this was the end. I'm fucked, I'm screwed, this sucks. This just sucks.

"Cute, I like you too." Before I realized what was happening, he suddenly got a lot closer. "Is this okay?" He whispered to me. 

The moment I nodded, his lips were against mine. It was perfect. The sun was barely peeking through the horizon, sending a small shed of warmth on this chilly evening. His lips tasted like strawberries, I was already addicted to it. Subconsciously, I wrapped my arms around his neck and he put mine dangerously gently on my waist. We broke apart for air. 

"So... will you go with me to the dance?" He asked, smiling. I giggled, "Of course silly."

~~~

I furiously knocked on the door, bounding with anticipation. Sapnap's mother opened the door, face lightening when she saw me. "Wilbur! Honey, it's been quite a while. Come on in. I'll call Sapnap." I thanked her and closed the door. She went up the stairs and shouted for Sapnap to come down.

Sapnap came down the stairs and looked at me. "Wilbur! Shit man, how'd it go?" He had a stupid grin on his face. I walked over to him and gave him a light punch, "You set us up, didn't you?" Sapnap's mother had already left.

Sapnap shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe I did." I just rolled my eyes at him. Jerk. "Tell me or I won't tell you what happened tonight." That seemed to do the trick.

"Okay, geez. Come up to my room and let's talk." I followed him up the familiar stairs. I've probably memorized every detail of Sapnap's house now. I know where everything is stored, I know where Sapnap hides everything, and I know what paintings are where. 

We went inside the room and closed the door, immediately jumping on his bed. "Okay. So. George and I decided that we had enough of you two's bullshit and set you guys up. Drista was also a part of it. Plain and simple, now hurry up and tell me your story."

"DRISTA? That's why she called you! Everything makes sense now." I said, groaning as I rubbed my face with my hands. 

"Tell. Me. What. Happened!" Sapnap ordered. 

"Okay, fine. It was really awkward at first, no thanks to you," Sapnap just grinned at me, feeling no remorse, "we continued talking about the dance right? And then for some reason, I blurted out my feelings for him. Long story short, we kissed. And then he asked me to the dance and I said yes." 

"YOU MADE OUT? IN THE SUNSET? SHEEEESH, YOU'RE FILMING A MOVIE SCENE RIGHT THERE." Sapnap shrieked, a little too loud for my liking. "Calm your fucking ass down bro, we didn't make out," I paused, thinking, "okay, maybe we did make out, but that's not the point." 

"Nah, on the day of the dance I'm coming over and we're going to pick out our outfits. Also, where is my thank you?"

"For what?"

"For putting up with your bullshit. Oh yeah, did I also tell you that I knew Dream had feelings for you? I've known for quite a while now."

"WHAT?"

___

1105 words! Ngl, the makeout scene sounds really awkward but I'm too lazy to fix it. 

Comment? :)