Trust Me

Vanessa's POV

"What?!? After all that's happened, do you think I will let the kids go with you?" I said. I can't believe he actually had the guts to ask me that.

"Yes, I do." He said.

"Well then your wrong." I said in a matter-of-factly tone.

"If you don't let me take them I might have to call my lawyer." He said smirking. The same smirk which he gave when he handed me the divorce papers.

"You can't blackmail me by mentioning your lawyer. You can call him if you want. I'll tell him that you used to abuse me and Em." I said smirking back.

He smirked. "You can do that actually. But you need proof."

This guy is seriously smart. One of the reasons I like him. Liked him.

"Okay fine, you can take them. But only for two days." I said, giving up.

"Okay. Fine with me." He said as we both walked back to the others.

As we reached there, Alex said "Vanessa, you go home with Emily and Tom I'll stay here with Ethan. You can come tomorrow."

"Thanks Alex. I'll just get my stuff." I said as I hugged him tiredly.

——————————In the car——————————

Can I trust Zayn with the kids? What if he does something again? Because after his behavior today I don't think he's changed a bit. What if the kids get scared-

"Vanessa, what are you thinking about?" Tom said as he interrupted my thoughts.

"Nothing." I lied. If I told him that I had agreed to send the kids with Zayn I don't know what his reaction would be.

"I know there is something."

"Okay fine. Zayn asked me if he could take the kids and I said Okay." I said, sighing.

By this time we had already reached home.

"What?!?!? Do you realize what you have done? You know what harm he could cause the kids?!?!" He shouted.

"Look Even I didn't want to send them off with Zayn but I had no choice. He said he would call the lawyer. And when I said I would tell the police about all the crap he's done to me, he said I didn't have any proof. Then eventually I had to give in." I explained.

"Let's see. When are they going?"

"Tomorrow." I said.

Alex's POV

"What?!? No. They aren't going with you!" I said, angrily.