Ethan....

I woke up in a hospital bed. The room was white in color. There were some stuff attached to my hand. I felt weak.

"Hey. So how are you feeling." The doctor said smiling at me.

"I am feeling better." I lied. I felt like crap. Then I remembered something. "Where is Ethan, my son?"

"Oh he..." The doctor trailed of.

"Where is he? Is he fine?" I asked trying to raise my voice.

"Actually, he is in a very critical condition...and there is very little chance that he may be able to make it." The doctor said.

I froze. My heart stopped, as a tear fell down my cheek.

"Can I see him please?" I asked.

"No ma'am you cannot get up from the bed now." She said.

"Please." I pleaded.

"Ok fine but we will take you in a wheelchair." The doctor said, sighing.

----In Ethan's hospital room----

I saw him there. Fragile. Weak as ever. Lots of wires and stuff were stuck to his tiny body. The nurse quickly took my towards his bed.

I instantly burst out crying.

"Baby wake up." I sobbed. No response.

I sobbed for another 5 minutes until the nurses took me back to my room.

When I reached my hospital room they were there. Niall, Megan, Emily and Max. Shit. I forgot I was supposed to pick Emily up from the school. Emily bursted out crying when she saw me. She ran towards me and hugged me.

"Mommy! Are you okay? I told you I don't wanna go to school. If you never went to drop me this wouldn't have happened!" Emily said.

"No baby I'm fine."

Then she asked me something which I couldn't answer.

"Mommy, where is Ethan?"

"He is in another room." I said. It wasn't a lie.

"Oh can I meet him?" She asked.

"No. Kids aren't supposed to go inside that room." I said, trying to soothe her.

"Oh." If I let her go inside she won't be able to bear to see him like that. She loves him a lot.

"Are you okay, Vanessa?" Megan asked.

"Yup."

"Are you sure?" Niall asked overprotectively.

"No." I said sarcastically.

"I wanna tell you something." Niall said with a guilty face.

"Yeah?"

"Vanessa?" The voice sounded familiar. I turned and looked at the door from where the voice had come. Shit he is here.

------------------------------------------

A/N

How is this chapter? Cliffhanger. Again.

QOTD- Who is the mystery man?

First update of the week! Next one by tomorrow or Saturday. Check out my other fanfic called 'Love at first sight.' And I know I told I will change the cover pic of this fanfic but then I felt this one was better. :)

Please vote and comment!

Twitter- @NehaShajudeen

Have a nice day!

xNehax