Escapes

Vanessa's POV

I cuddled to a pillow. It was really comfortable so I cuddled in more.

Some music started playing. An alarm. The pillow I was cuddling with moved. Literally moved.

I slowly opened my eyes. I saw a tattooed body. I quickly jerked away.

Zack turned to the other side of the bed and continued sleeping.

I quickly got out of bed. I can't believe I just cuddled with my abductor.

I realized something. If Zack was asleep then... I had a good chance of escaping.

I quickly walked out of the bedroom. I didn't see Gustavo or the other guy anywhere around. So that was a good sign.

I went to the main door. I opened twisted the door knob hoping it was open. It was.

"Vanessa?" I heard someone call. I gulped. Zack.

I slowly turned around.

"Where do you think you are going?" He said.

I didn't say anything.

"I ASKED YOU SOMETHING!" Zack yelled. I jerked in fear. "ANSWER ME!"
I grabbed my wrist really hard. His nails tore through my skin. I saw blood.

"I-I'm sorry." I said, not looking at him.

I heard hurried footsteps.

"Sir. Is everything okay?" I heard Gustavo ask.

"YOU IDIOTS! I TOLD YOU TO KEEP WATCH!" Zack yelled at his minions.

"Sir we were sleeping." Gustavo said.

"Then go and sleep next to your mother's grave." Zack said rudely. That was very rude. After all, Gustavo was only 18.

Next time anything like this happens, there will be consequences." Zack said to everyone and walked back to his bedroom.

"Asshole." I heard the other guy mutter, clearly referring to Zack.

"I heard that." Zack said from his bedroom.

"Are you okay, miss?" Gustavo said.

"Yeah. I mean no. Can you get me a couple of bandages?" I said.

"Okay."

"I'm going to get a shower." The other guy said as he went back to his bedroom. He had a strong British accent.

After a minute or so, Gustavo came back with some bandages.

"I'll do it for you, miss. Why zon't you sit on ze couch?" He said. I sat on the leather couch as he put the bandages on my bruises.

"Why are you doing this, Gustavo?" I asked.

"Because you got hurt."

"No. I meant why are you helping Zack?"

"Because he give me money."

"Why don't you go to college?"

"Because I do not have ze money."

"Then do something legal. Like work at a coffee shop or something."

"I don't know enough English to work at coffee shop. My mom very sick. I send money from here to Paris so the doctorz can make her fine." Gustavo said with sadness in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry. But you will get into trouble if the police find out."

"I know. But I hope zat the police won't find out. Here you go." Gustavo said as he was done with the bandages.

"Thank you Gustavo. I just wanted to tell you that you don't have to do this. I'll give you the money you want. You don't have to be scared of Zack anymore." I said.

"No, miss. I only earn money. I do not take money without working." He said. That really touched my heart. People who have less give more. Gustavo was the best example of that quote.

Zack walked down the stairs.

"Gustavo, where's Keith?" Zack asked.

"Um he gone for shower."

"That idiot. Anyways, I'm going to the mall. Make sure she," Zack said pointing at me, "doesn't try to act smart."

"Yes sir."

Zack walked out of the door.

"Gustavo." I whispered.

"Yes?"

"You need to get us out of here."

"But, I told you zat I need mon-"

"I'll give you the money."

"I want earn money. I no like t-"

"I have two children at home who need me. I have a brother who would be really worried about me. I have a boyfriend. All of this, just like you have a mother who needs you. Get us out of here, Gustavo, and I'll give you whatever you want."

I heard the shower turn off.

"We don't have much time Gustavo. Make up your mind fast." I said.

He just stared at me. Then he extended his hand forward. "C'mon miss. Let's go."

I smiled and I put my hand in his. I heard the bedroom door open.

We sprinted to the front door, Gustavo opened the door and we were out, free.

I let the breeze run through my hair. I didn't care if my hair was going to get messy. It already was.

Gustavo and I just ran. We didn't know where we were going, we just kept running. We looked back and saw that no one was behind us.

We looked at the place we were at. It was a park. There were children running around. There was a pregnant woman sitting on the wooden beach, holding a man's hand who I assumed . There was a couple holding hand. All of them were happy.

This was the park where me and Zayn had spent most of our childhood. This was the park where we bought Emily, after she was born.

Wait, if this was that park then Zayn's house should be about one mile away from here. I quickly asked Gustavo to follow me. He did.

We finally reached Zayn's house. I rand the door bell twice. Then I banged on the door. I kept banging till someone opened the door. I only got a blurry glimpse of Zayn's face. I passed out.