𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃

Then one day, all you heard was a soft knock in the misty morning.

I was super excited about this chapter so I decided to release it early. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend this week!

 Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend this week!

.•° ✿ °•.

You pulled yourself out of bed, feeling a bit groggy from last nights escapade. Tighnari and you decided to go on a late night date night around the town and he dropped you off at 1 am.

You wiped your tired eyes and shuffled your way over to the door, opening it without a second thought. The scene in front of you made you wake right up.

"Childe?" You said, astounded. He stood there with a dozen red roses, a stuffed f/a, and tears pouring down his cheeks. "What is all of this? What are you doing here?" You haven't seen Childe in months, he didn't even try to contact you once in those months as well.

"Y/N. I've done a lot of thinking these past few months." He sniffled, a tear falling down his cheek. "I-I was in jail for two months because of certain things, and I want to shape my life up and get things right, starting with you."  Childe spoke, taking his somewhat free arm and wiping his wet cheeks.

"Childe." You said softly. "I'm happy that you've come to this point, but I can't take you back." If he would of asked this a couple months ago, it might of been a different answer. "If you've really changed though, you are more than welcome to be friends. Do you want some tea?" Childe looked disappointed, but there was a glint of happiness in his eyes.

"Sure." He said, pausing for a moment. "What should I do with these..." Said Childe, motioning to the presents in his arms.

"Just bring them inside." You said, opening the door for Childe to come in. As he walked in, he placed the gifts on the kitchen table and sat down on the couch. The couch was decorated with little knitted figures you decided to call aranaras. They were little plant like creatures you and Tighnari made up together.

"What are these things." Childe laughed, picking one of the small knitted figures.

"Things me and a friend made." You hummed, boiling some water in a kettle. "We made a couple." You blushed, thinking about the time you spent with Tighnari making those.

"Is this a friend I should be jealous of?" Childe laughed, now finally starting to kick back on the couch, looking around at his surroundings. He spotted a couple of new pictures around the apartment. Most of them were of you, Collei and Amber.

One that stood out was a picture of you and a blue and light green haired fellow. The boy in the pic had his hair up in a ponytail, smiling brightly at the camera that you were holding, and you were kissing his cheek, holding the other side of his face to smush it against yours.

At first, Childe felt angry. He knew that was the guy you were going to be with, but the anger slowly dissipated as he saw how happy you were. Even your apartment looked more brighter, but that could be the plants that have taken over your apartment. Surprisingly, they were still alive.

"You have nothing to be jealous of Childe, we aren't together." You said, now pouring the steaming water into a pit and getting a tea bag. You gave Childe the cup and told him to let it steep for a couple of minutes.

"Y/N." Said Childe suddenly. You nodded. "Who ever is making you this happy, I hope that they keep you this happy." You stared at him, puzzled for a moment.

"Thank you Childe." You never thought those words would be coming out of his mouth. "It means a lot."

"Is he good to you?" Childe asks, twiddling his thumbs. You nodded. "Is he better in be-" You shot him a deadly glare. "Never mind..."

"You perv." You laughed, sitting down on the other couch and putting on a random show on Netflix. "So, how did you have you 'redemption' arc?" You said, sipping your own drink as well.

"Well, I'm pretty sure you were aware of this, but I was in a gang for a while. We had a job to do and I got hurt and I got caught. More like they left me to fend for myself. I was in jail for a while until one of my old buddies bailed me out. It was scary Y/N, it was like my whole world was caving in. What if I was never going to be able to see my family? What if I wasn't going to see my brother? What if I was never going to see you again? I wanted to apologize for all the things that I've done and said to you. Sucks I came to that conclusion when I was on the floor bleeding out. Maybe if I was different, things would of never turned out this way." He said, tears starting to fall from his eyes once again. "It's something I never want to experience again Y/N." You felt touched by his words. He truly did care about you. "I'm truest sorry that I hurt you Y/N." Childe started sobbing, shaking with every cry he let out. "I'm a terrible person." As much as you didn't want to, you moved over to his side of the couch and rubbed his back.

"It's okay Childe. You're here now, aren't you?" He nodded through his cries. "So you're okay." You said softly. "You're alive and breathing. Remember that." Childe eventually stopped crying, but he still had a solemn expression in his eyes.

"I have to catch the train to see my brother." He sniffed, wiping away his left over tears. You walked him to the door and patted him on the back. Childe continued on. "And I have to buy some toys for him, so I'm going to go. It was good seeing you again Y/N. I'm happy for you. I truly am. Until next time." Childe leaned down and gave you an unexpected hug. but you still returned. "I still love you, but I understand." He whispered in your ear before letting go and rushing to the elevator, which was on the other side of the long hallway. You sighed, and went back into your apartment, closing the door.

On the other side of the hallway was Tighnari walking up and holding a bouquet of different wildflowers. He looked at the scene in front of him and felt heartbroken. "I thought you liked me." He said to himself, tears starting to form in his eyes. "I loved you." he started to so, dropping the flowers and running to the stairwell. Tighnari rushed down the stairs with the tears falling down his face. As he ran outside, it started to rain, but he didn't care.

Tighnari wanted to go anywhere but here.

°•. ✿ .•°

Childe redemption arc?
Hope everyone enjoyed :)

Side note: I got Cyno and Candace on my first ten pull 💀 I have no materials for him so I'm stuck scourging the desert for those stupid scarabs.

Q: how does everyone like the archon quest that came out? Personally I really wished it was longer and had more stuff to do with Dottore (bc I am a simp) but was happy how we got introduced with the desert. I just wish the archon quests were longer ❤️

 I just wish the archon quests were longer ❤️

Good luck on your pulls!