The Moon

Anne waited by the door fixated on her hair and invisible wrinkles on her work shorts before pacing back and forth. It was weird to have Sasha in her home again. The last time the woman came over it was their junior year of high school. They dated all spring before breaking up in the summer. Sasha gave some excuse of having to intern at her father's law firm. Anne didn't understand it, because she could do long distance. She never gave up on finding Sash and Marcy in Amphibia. So why would Sasha think she would give up on their relationship? Anne would wait until the end of time as long as the person would return to her.

"You okay there, Kiddo?" Her dad asked.

"Yeah, waiting for Sash-" Anne glared at her dad's annoyingly huge grin,  "Dad, stop."

"I didn't say anything."

"You didn't have to."

"What's bothering you, Anne?"

She sighed "Dad, did you and mom ever want me to date a man or have a traditional Thai Wedding?" She looked back at the door.

"Well, your mom and I always wanted you to be happy, and traditions can change." He walked closer to his daughter, placing his hand on her shoulder. "Anne, who's to say you and Sasha can't have Thai traditions at your wedding. "

"I'm not marrying Sasha."

"Okay, well when you marry Marcy."

"Dad!"

"Okay, okay." He laughed, "remember earlier when you said something about team Dragula vs. team Ed Munster?

"That's not the same vampire and werewolf that I mentioned."  She laughed, "but, go on."

"Bean, me and your mother are team Anne, so we support whatever and whoever makes you happy."

She wiped a stray tear from her eyes "Thanks dad."

"Love you, Anne-bean."

"Love you too, Dad." She leaned into his arms for a hug.

"What did I miss?" Her mom reached out her arms, joining the hug. They stood there enjoying the embrace until the doorbell rang.

"Okay, leave, it's Sasha" Anne said with excitement that surprised herself. She opened the door and smiled at the woman.

"Hey Girlfriend" Sasha said with wide arms.

Before she could hug the woman she heard giggling. She looked over her shoulder to see her parents looking back at her with a huge smile. "Mom, Dad!"

"We were just leaving."  They said,

"Hey Mr. and Mrs. Boonchuy!" Sasha waved.

"Hey Sasha, so nice to see you," Mrs. Boonchuy said

"Please call us Mom and Dad."  Mr. Boonchuy added

"Okay" Sasha said, a little confused.

"Bye guys" Anne shooed her parents.

"We're going, we're going" They giggled out of the room.

"Ugh, sorry about them, Sash."

"They're cute, I'll take them over my parents any day." 

Anne gave a pained smile, "I didn't hug you. Come here." she enveloped the woman into a hug which Sasha gladly returned. They stood there inhaling sandalwood and jasmine.

"You smell amazing" They both said, stepping back from each other.

Anne blushed, "So, are you hungry?"