Chapter 3: Promise

There were light knocks on the door, then a head peeked in. "Can I sleep here tonight?" Taehyung walked into Seokjin's room.

"If I said no, would you go?" Seokjin moved aside anyway and made room for Taehyung on the bed. Taehyung slid himself under the comforter.

"No! I miss you so much, I need to hug you." He snaked his hand around Seokjin's petite waist and glued his forehead to Jin's head.

Seokjin smiled. "Okay, then..."

"Your bed is so big and so comfortable..." He whispered in Jin's ear.

"Hmm..."

"You never put it to good use? Such a waste!"

Seokjin growled and grabbed Taehyung's hair. Taehyung's giggle vibrated and fanned warmly in Jin's ear. Sent shivers down his spine. They went silent for a while.

"Tae, remember our silly promise a long time ago?" He said a moment later. "If you're already 30 and I'm already 33 and we haven't found our life partners, we'll marry each other instead."

"Hmm..."

"I'm 33 years old today. And soon you'll be 30. Let's get married!"

"We've been separated for 3 years, Jinnie. We need to catch up on a lot of things first."

"Hmm..." Seokjin hummed. "I'm sure we can handle that."

Taehyung looked him in the eyes, got up, supported his upper torso with his right hand, then leaned himself down to Seokjin's face. Closer.... And closer... Making Seokjin's eyes bulge out...

"What are you doing?!!" He got up and tried to get away from Taehyung.

"Kissing you!"

"Ewwww, Tae!!!"

"You said we can handle this?!"

"Ewwww, slow down, Tiger! How can you suddenly kiss me? We need to catch up on a lot of things first—-!"

"Those were my words earlier!"

"—-?!"

"Jinnie, you're not ready to marry me!"

Seokjin sighed. "Can we at least try, Tae?" He laid down back on the bed.

"I don't understand why you wanna get married when you're not even ready? Aren't you happy with your life and your job? You don't have to get married to be content and happy."

"I'm tired of hugging a pillow at night, Tae. I wanna hug a husband."

"Hugging things while sleeping is not even your habit! That's my habit, Silly!"

Seokjin sighed. Sleepiness began to take over his brain. "I can't identify anymore which one is yours and which one is mine." Seokjin sighed again. "Marry me, Tae! Aren't you tired of hugging a pillow? Don't you wanna hug a husband instead?" He mumbled and closed his eyes.

Taehyung caressed Jin's hair, kissed his forehead, then pulled him into his hug. He didn't say anything else.

=====