Chapter 14: The Morning After

After last night's storm, the morning was rather calm and quiet. Taehyung had thought a lot since he woke up. He knew he always wanted to eventually marry Seokjin someday, but now there was a time urgency. He didn't want to take it slow anymore.

Seokjin squirmed in his sleep and Taehyung caressed him softly. A few moments later Jin opened his drowsy eyes.

"Let's get married, Schatz!" Taehyung suddenly popped the question with the rings they had bought together the day before.

"H—-huh??" Seokjin was just opening his puffy red eyes. He stretched his body and rubbed his dirty face from the leftover tears from last night. "I thought I would get a more romantic proposal, not with swollen eyes, ugly face, and morning breath like this..." He giggled. "This proposal will scar my soul for the rest of my life, Tae."

Taehyung giggled. "I love you so much, Schatz! You're right, let's not wait any longer. Let's get married and create lots and lots of happy memories together." Taehyung kissed his temple and caressed him affectionately.

Jin smiled. "I'd like that, Love..."

"Good! In Hamburg, next month!'

"WHAT?!"

"I'll ask some friends to help us make an arrangement to get married there and get a legal marriage certificate."

"Love...! Now you're crazier than I am..." Seokjin looked at Taehyung with glassy eyes. He was now fully awake.

Taehyung squeezed Jin's face and pecked his pouty duck lips. "We're getting married!" He smiled widely.

"Wait, I pledged to make you beg to marry me, and then I will reject you, remember?" Seokjin giggled.

"Babe, are you sure this is the right time to make such a joke?!" Taehyung rolled his eyes, but Seokjin kept giggling, making Tae groan and grumble. "Get your visa ready! I'll make some calls."

"Tae..." Jin pulled him back. His face looked serious now. "I love you so much. I love you like no other. I wanna be with you for the rest of my life and I wanna make you happy. But do you really wanna marry me?"

"How could you still question that?! You're my one and only, Schatz! My most important person. I love you so much and I really do want to marry you."

Jin smiled, then nuzzled and snuggled into Taehyung's crook of the neck, hugging him tightly. He didn't say anything else, though he wanted to say all the sweet nothings to Taehyung. He couldn't, otherwise his voice would crack. But Taehyung knew. So they just embraced in silence, immersed in the infinite love and the immense affection they had for each other.

"Ich liebe dich, Schatz!" [I love you, Sweetheart.]

"I love you too, Love."

=====