Chapter 5: Son-in-Law to be

After about 3 hours of drive, they finally arrived at Taehyung's parent's house. His parents were exceedingly happy to have their only son back...

Or were they?

"Taehyunga!" His mom hugged Taehyung tight and wiped her tears. "Oh, my son, I'm so happy to finally see you again!" She brushed Taehyung's cheek and patted his back.

"Eomma! I'm happy to be home again."

"Seokjina!" Taehyung's mom then hugged Seokjin and wiped her tears again. "My son, I'm so happy to see you, too!" She also brushed Seokjin's cheek and patted his back.

What? Taehyung cringed. My Son?! The last time before he flew to Hamburg, he was still the only son in this family!

"Eomma, how are you?!" Seokjin hugged her back.

What?! Taehyung cringed some more. Eomma?! Seokjin called his mother "Eomma"?? Taehyung didn't remember having a sibling!

"Taehyunga!" His father pulled him into a big bear hug. "Welcome home, Son!"

"Seokjina, haha! Welcome home, Son! When will you have free time, huh? We should go fishing together again!" Taehyung's father hugged Seokjin's shoulder.

What?! Really?! Taehyung cringed. Again.

===

.

Lunchtime was nice. Tasting his mother's hearty cooking made Taehyung feel like he was really home again. His parents were indeed so happy having him back home. Maybe double happy because Jin was also here.

Yes, everything was nice and calm...

Until they finished their lunch and Mr. Kim went into the living room to watch TV.

Until Taehyung, Mrs. Kim, and Seokjin, went into the kitchen to help her clean up the dishes.

Until those particular endearments just slid naturally out of Taehyung's and Seokjin's mouths.

"Can you hand me that dry napkin, Babe?"

"Here, Love!"

Mrs. Kim stopped in her place. "Are you guys finally together??!!" Her eyes widened, mouth opened, smile bloomed, making the two boys too confused to reply. "Who was proposing first?!" She shot directly, over-excitedly.

"I—-I did..." Seokjin saw a chance to force Taehyung to finally marry him. So he raised his hand and grinned awkwardly.

"AAAAAWW.... CONGRATULATIONS! I always knew that you two would end up together!!! I can't believe it takes 3 years to be separated to make you guys realize that you love each other more than friends! But oh well, as long as you two are finally together!" Mrs. Kim hugged them one by one, kissed them with so much joy, meanwhile Taehyung secretly shot a death glare at Seokjin who was grinning and feeling the upper hand.

"What's with the fuss??" Mr. Kim marched into the kitchen with a big curiosity on his face.

"Taehyung and Seokjin are finally together!" Mrs. Kim shouted in excitement.

Mr. Kim stopped his pace, furrowed his eyebrows, rolled his eyes, then said, "What's new about that? They've always been together for years. They are practically married to each other already!" He wagged his hands, rolled his eyes again, and went back into the living room nonchalantly. "Old news!" He murmured.

=====