Wilbur and Noah

"Melody?" Tommy asks in a panic as I answer the call.

"What's up? Are you okay?" I ask.

"Wilbur and Noah got into a fight...just meet us at urgent care okay?" Tommy says.

"Wait what?" I ask completely shocked.

"I'm so sorry Melody but I have to go now, just meet us there alright?" He says.

"Yeah Ill be there as quick as I can." I panic before hanging up.

It was almost midnight, and I was now driving on the verge of tears to urgent care.

When I moved to Brighton, Charlie made sure I was close to an urgent care. Charlie had always cared about me and was always worried about me, and I couldn't be more grateful for him.

Once I got there, I quickly walk up to the building and was greeted with Tommy at the door.

"Oh good your here." Tommy says with a sigh of relief.

"What happened?" I panic.

"Don't worry Wilbur's okay, but basically one of the members in the band knows Noah and found out he was gonna go to your house and try to talk to you. He obviously told Wilbur and he showed up at Noah's house, and they got into a fight." Tommy says as I stand there looking at the ground in shock. "He won of course."

"I don't think he would've let himself loose." I say with a light laugh. "So he's okay?"

"He's pretty bruised and his nose might be broken." Tommy says. "We can go see him if you want."

"Yes please." I say immediately.

He leads me though the quiet building, filled with people in the waiting room with worried or sad faces.

He brings me into a room, and I see Wilbur sitting on his phone on the bed.

"Wilbur Melody's here." Tommy says.

"Jesus christ Will are you alright?" I ask as I lightly move his head so I could see all the cuts and bruises.

"I'm alright love." He says with a soft smile.

He hops down off the bed and pulls me into a hug.

"You scared the shit out of me Will." I say into his chest.

"I know i'm sorry." He says before kissing the top of my head.

Eventually the doctor comes back, so Tommy and I stand in the corner while the doctor looks at Wilbur's face.

"So your nose is slightly broken, and as you can probably tell you have a bunch of cuts and bruises." The doctor says. "We'll prescribe you some pain meds for tonight, but I would recommend finding someone to stay with for tonight or the next two nights."

Wilbur looks at me through the sides of his eyes, and I just nod.

"How long do you think it'll take for him to heal?" Tommy asks.

"I'd say probably about four or five weeks for all the cuts and bruises to go away." The doctor replies. "Now i'm gonna go get your medication and discharge papers, can one of you come with me I can give you the prescription papers?"

"I'll go." Tommy replies before they go out of the room, leaving Wilbur and I to sit in the room in silence.

"Can I stay with you?" He asks after a few seconds of silence.

"Of course." I say with a soft smile.

"He didn't come to your house right?" Wilbur asks.

"Wilbur you don't need to worry about that." I say.

"Did he?" Wilbur asks again.

"No, he didn't." I reply. "Why'd you do it?"

"What do you mean?" He questions.

"Why'd you get into the fight? I don't want you getting into fights because of me." I say.

"Love it wasn't because of you. I would get into a fight every single day for you it it meant you were safe." He says.

I wipe my eyes that were watering with a sniffle. I didn't deserve him.

"Come here." He says. I go sit next to him, and he wraps an arm around me. "I beat the shit out of that motherfucker again."

"I'm not surprised." I laugh.

Eventually we can leave, and so Tommy takes a cab home while I start driving Wilbur and I back to my house.

"Fuck." Wilbur mutters under his breath from the passenger seat.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"I just probably won't be able to stream until the bruises or cuts are gone so no one takes anything out of context." He sighs.

"I could put makeup on you!" I suggest with a laugh.

"Honestly i'm looking forward to the break from streaming." He says.

"That's good, you deserve one." I smile.

We eventually get back to my house, and as soon as we get inside Wilbur goes upstairs into my room and flops down onto my bed. "My bed."

"Will!" I laugh.

He flips over onto his side, and pulls me down on the bed so he was spooning me. "Hi love."

"Hi Wilbur." I smile. He hugs me closer to him, and buries his head into the crook of my neck. "How you feeling?"

"Fine." He says tiredly.

"You don't sound fine." I say.

"I'm just hurt, i'm alright." He says.

I turn around so Wilbur and I are facing each other. I gently run my fingers over his hurt face. "Jesus."

"It looks worse than it is." He says before kissing me lightly on the forehead, sending a light shade of pink throughout my face. "What'd we say about the blushing hm?"

"Shut up!" I laugh as I cover my face in my hands.

"How come you were still awake when Tommy called you?" He asks as he brushes my hair behind my ears.

"I'm always awake at that time." I say.

"You need sleep love." He sighs.

"I'm alright, I wanna make sure you're okay." I say.

"I'll be perfectly fine love." He smiles.

I run my hand over his jaw, and he just smiles and kisses the tip of my nose.

"Wilbur!" I laugh.

"I couldn't resist." He teases.

We sit in comfortable silence for a few minutes, before I start getting bad thoughts again.

"Maybe I should've just listened to Noah when we fought, that way this wouldn't of happened." I sigh.

"Love don't say that." He says. "All I want is for you to be safe."

"You shouldn't be worried about me." I reply.

"Well you're my best friend Melody, i'm always gonna worry about you." He says.

God all I want is just to be more than friends, I want to be able to say I am Will Gold's girlfriend, and he's my boyfriend.

**

Melody loved Wilbur, and Wilbur loved Melody, but the only thing separating their love for each other was a line of obliviousness.