date

"Melody!" Wilbur gasps excitedly as I answer his call.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"I'm not sick anymore!" He says as I smile. Once I got over my cold, Wilbur had gotten sick.

"That's awesome! Took you long enough!" I smile.

"I know! But now i'm taking you on a date tonight to go watch the starts on the beach!" He says.

"Okay!" I smile. "As long as you stay over tonight."

"That's perfectly fine with me." He smiles. "I can't wait to kiss you."

"I know Will, that's all you've been talking about." I laugh. "I'm excited too."

"So meet at the beach at sunset? We live close enough we can both walk there." He says.

"Sure!" I smile excitedly. I loved every single second I was able to even be around Wilbur, he was my favorite person, I loved him.

"Alright!" He grins. "I'll see you soon gorgeous."

A deep red spreads across my face. "See you soon pretty boy."

-time skip-

I walked down the road, making my way to the Brighton beach.

"Melody!" Wilbur yells from the street I was walking by.

"Wilbur!" I smile as I run up to him.

I run up to him, and wrap my arms around him.

"Hi love." He smiles as he kisses the top of my head.

"Hi Will!" I smile.

"I think you owe me something." Wilbur smirks.

I stand on my tip toes, and Wilbur cranes his neck down before we meet in a kiss.

"God I missed that." Wilbur smiles as we pull away.

"I know you did." I smile. "I did too."

"Well, you wanna go to the beach now?" He asks.

"Of course." I smile before we start walking hand in hand to the beach.

"You exited for mcc?" Wilbur asks as he looks down at me.

"Yeah! I'm really glad we're on the same team." I smile.

"Who else are we with?" He asks.

"Ranboo and Charlie." I say.

"Well our chat is gonna get plenty moments of me flirting with you." He teases.

"You flirted with me before we started dating!" I laugh. "I just didn't realize it."

"You were pretty oblivious." He teases.

"No I wasn't!" I lie.

"Yeah alright and you just so happened to not know I was in love with you for the last four years?" He laughs.

"I've known that I'm in love with you for about a month, and you didn't know!" I laugh.

"Four years and one month is a big difference." He laughs.

We get down to the beach, and Wilbur and I lay right next to each other on the ground with our hands laced together, seeing the stars pop into the sky.

"Wilbur?" I ask.

"Yeah?" He asks.

"How'd you know you were...you know..." I hesitate.

"In love with you?" He asks.

"Yeah." I reply.

He softly smiles. "Because I got to a point I couldn't stop thinking about you. All I wanted was to kiss you, and for you to be mine. Every time you were mentioned, it was like a fire started in me. Like you were what kept me running."

"You really thought that?" I ask quietly.

"Still do." He smiles. "It would be stupid for anyone to not think about you all the time.

"I don't think I ever truly loved Noah." I confess.

"Mel you don't have to worry about that anymore. Who cares if you loved him? Who cares if you didn't? You're free from him and you don't need to worry about him." Wilbur says.

"You're so sweet Will." I smile. "Now stop being a sappy bitch and kiss me."

He smiles and sits up, and hovers over me a bit before pulling me into a kiss.