You Shall Not Pass! (Unless youre Y/N)

Again, plot credits go directly to: angelina_starina

Please keep a look out for different points of view, because we change perspectives quite a bit in this chapter.

Also, for the people in the back who forgot, Halt is presented as a woman in this story. If you only came here for male creatures x reader, then simply ignore Halt's existence.
----‐--------------------------------------

FIGURE'S POV
-----------------------

I don't understand my feelings towards the player. I had a mere few seconds-worth of contact with them. Yet, in an odd way, I feel attracted towards them. They're just so... alluring. The way they settled such a heated argument in one sentence and movement... the power they must have over Eyes and Rush is fascinating.

Do they have power over me as well? It feels as though they do, because without even directly interacting with me, I feel so drawn towards them. I honestly didn't want to set them down, but I did despite my inner voice telling me not to.

I have only felt such attraction towards one other player before, but they showed no interest. So I let them go. But even though this player didn't return my affection so soon, I can't simply push aside my feelings for some reason. I begin to slowly put fallen books back onto their designated shelf, trying to clear my mind of the player.

I was finishing up an aisle, before hearing something. Very, very faint footsteps. Fast footsteps. And a very, very quick heartbeat. No, wait. Two pairs of feet. Two hearts. One heart is not so hyper.

That reminds me of the players heartbeat. How they managed to keep it somewhat steady throughout the library shenanigans... So mysterious...

The footsteps are closer now. I stand up and steer myself out of the aisle, and towards the door to wait. The footsteps and right in front of me. I also smell. That smell I have come to know for a while now.

Black smudge, goo, and what smells like ink mixed in one. Seek. But it's not just seek Screech is also here. I kneel down, letting them reach me easier. I can't see them, but they can see me. They know what I'm doing.

"Figure, did Player happen to pass by just now?" Seek's voice rang throughout the library, disturbing the silence that filled the atmosphere. I nodded, "Yes. Just a few minutes ago. May I ask why?". Seek bit his lip and motioned for Screech to go into a more isolated part of the library.

Screech nodded and walked into a random aisle, using one of his tentacles to grab a random book. Seek lightly pushed my shoulder downwards, so I kneeled down so low  that my ear should be near Seek's mouth height. I felt his breath on my ear and neck, lightly tickling me.

"Figure, I know this is odd, but I feel... different. Towards Player. What I'm trying to say is that I'm in love with them. Romantically. Even though the only encounter I had with them may not have been the most pleasant, I can't seem to get them out of my head.."

I, needless to say, was very shocked. Seek, in my eyes (or ears), is never the type of guy to fall in love. For some reason, I was kind of.. angry. Conflicted. Hurt. Seek is also interested in Player. We can't have that.

I pushed my emotions aside and spoke without thinking. A rare occurrence for me. "Me too." I heard Seek stop breathing for a second. That's bad. I held my breath as well. Then he spoke again. "Well, I know the whole sharing is caring thing and all, but I don't care". He spoke coldly.