chapter 5 - my mothers back to school kisses

The weekend always passes way to quickly ! It felt like only seconds had passed since I layed down to sleep Sunday night ! All to soon I heard the alarm clock ringing at 7am .  

" Shit ! " I yelled falling out of bed  

Someone changed my alarm tone to some heavy metal music . Great. Starting off monday morning feeling like I had a migraine the size of Russia . I wondered if this was how people with hangovers felt . Ugh . Thank god I didn't drink so I didn't have to deal with this on a regular basis .  

But not only was this a Monday . Oh no it was the QUEEN of all Mondays . The first day of senior year .

No more sleeping till 2 pm , or staying out all night with the guys watching movies .

Hello , all AP classes , soccer tryouts , and snobby little rich kids .

I go to Werlick Academy in Florida , and have been going there since kindergarten . It's the type of school where everyone and there mother knows who you are , who your family is , and how much money you make . And even though my family is well off it dosent change the fact that apart from the boys , I'm a social outcast .

It probably has something to do with the fact that I don't wear designer clothing , I perfer basketball shorts and hoodies. The baggier the better . I mean they seriously cannot like squeezing into those 300 dollar skinny jeans everyday .  

And god forbid they wear the same outfit twice ! How scandalous .  

Or it could do with the fact I don't try to talk to any of them. I already have my small group of close friends I don't see any reason to leave my comfort zone for them .

Glancing at the clock I see its already 7:20 . Crap ! I told Phineas I'd pick him up at 7:35.

I ran into the bathroom slipping on the green bathroom rug that never stayed in place . Silently cursing my amazing ability to be a clutz I grabbed my tooth brush , brushing my teeth with one hand and brushing my hair with the other . After washing out my mouth I quickly put my hair into a braid and grabbed the first clean clothes that were in sight , and my black Jansport backpack that I've had since freshman year .  

"MA ! I'm leaving !" I yelled out as I ran down the stairs trying to make it out the door .  

"Mmhmhmb " I heard coming from the kitchen  

"What ? " I yelled back instead of going into the kitchen  

My mom came into the room grinning "I said don't leave with out your 1 st day of school kiss "  

"Uh no mom its really -"  

But my protests were ignored and I got a big fat lipstick smooch stain on my cheek . Oh joy !  

" bye ma " I mumbled running out the door  

I jumped into my car and gunned it to Phineas's house .As soon as I got onto his street I could see him pacing up and down his lawn . Shit . I'm about to get a lecture . 

I popped open the door to see a very calm Phineas climb into that car .  

" Casey . "  

" hmm" I replied , knowing what was coming next  

" what time is It . " he asked , his voice becoming tense  

" well I would say its time to get a watch but since you look like you've had a rough morning ill tell you its 7 : 45 "  

" AND WHAT TIME DOES SCHOOL START CASEY "  

" 8 am.." I said meekly I knew he would flip out the ride to school is 20 minutes long meaning that we would be late on the 1st day back .

"Casey !" He groaned " you know how much I absolutely can't stand being late to anything ! "

Yea yea , he was the only other person in the group who had all AP classes like me . But unlike me he was insanely popular , like the other boys , and was destined to go to oxford next year . Oxford was both our dream schools and it was what we worked towards everyday .

Instead of answering him , I decided to stay quiet and let him steam off before school .

Great way to kick off the new school year if I do say so myself .

----------------------------- 

( authors note )

I was going to post this earlier but I lost track of time !!! Enjoy I hope

Comment /Vote