chapter 8 - Getting Caught In My Birthday Suit

I heard the door slam behind me , so hard that the pictures that my mother so strategically placed on the walls shook violently. I think that's when I knew that I would not live past tonight. My mind tried to comfort itself telling my body to calm down , that I was over reacting . But I knew better , my mom was a calm women and never in my 17 years of living did I hear so much as slam a cupboard door shut , let alone our house door .

I looked up at her face to try and see how much rage would be shown tonight , lets just say her facial expressions didn't exactly say 1 week grounding .More like your lucky if your living by the time I'm done with you .

I was just wondering to myself why didn't she explode on me yet when it happened.

"I WOULD SINCERELY LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING THROUGH YOUR MIND CASEY VENTURA . IT IS THE FIRST DAY . OF SCHOOL ! HAVE YOU ALREADY FORGOTTEN OUR PROMISE ? DOES WHAT I SAY MEAN NOTHING TO YOU "

My mom was referring to the talk we had before a school started that consisted of her telling me if i got in extreme trouble at school , she would send me off to Texas to live with my aunt Becka . Which I didn't want to do with one year . left here"No ma lis-"

"OF COURSE IT MEANS NOTHING , AND ON TOP OF STARTING A FOOD FIGHT I HAVE TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE AT HIGH RISK FOR EXPULSION !" she yelled at me , her face slowly subsiding from its deep red color to its normal peachy tan skin tone identical to mine . when she talked again her voice was a lot softer " maybe I'm just a bad mother , are people bullying you in school ? oh my god ! My daughter is being bullied and here I am yelling at her ! I'm such -"

" Mom no your not a bad mom , stop being ridiculous , its my own fault for letting that evil harpey get to me . And I'm not being bullied , I can take care of myself " i tried comforting her but she was a blubbering mess. wow . amazing how quickly the whole atmosphere changed .Maybe I wont be grounded!

"Oh and Casey" my mom said still sniffling"

" hmmm?" I mumbled back

" You're grounded for a month ."

And of course I jinxed myself. Typical.

" Of course ma " I grumbled leaving my spot as comforter to trudge up the steps to my room

" And Casey , I want to remind you that Texas is still an option -"

" No ma it isn't ! Goodnight ." I ran up the last steps to my room and slammed the door shut , laying on the bed and falling quickly to sleep.

_______________________

Waking up for school was an accomplishment in itself the next morning, my body was feeling all the soreness from the exercise last night.

Oh gross ! I looked down and realised that i fell asleep in my sweaty clothes from last night . I ran to the shower quickly stripping off the stiff clothes and jumping into the steaming shower . I was in this sleep like state when i heard the door opening , and realized I needed to get out.. I stuck my head out of the shower expecting to see my mom , and instead was given a close view of Harvey's face .

Harvey !! WHAT ?? I lost control of my body so embarrassed that i was caught naked and fell out of the shower landing on my stomach.

In front of Harvey.

In the nude .

Great . Now would be a good time to die .

___________________________________________________________

Author's note

hahaha ! short but I still need to do my essay-_-

You get Harvey's reaction next chapter !!

My mom just bought me a kindle fire , so expect more updates !!

comment / vote