The first taste -3

I was cleaning up after a bunch of teenagers who had left the table they were at a complete mess. There was 5 minutes till closing time, I was tempted to just turn the sign early but right at that moment, someone walked it. AT 10:25 AT NIGHT, ARE YOU COMPLETLY INSANE? I sighed and greeted them with a big smile on my face. A similar voice replied. I groaned. Why him? Not what I needed tonight. He hadn't come since a few weeks ago when he drove me back.

Y: The usual?

YG: If you don't mind.

I muttered under my breath "I mean I do when there's 5 minutes until I can close but whatever."

I felt his eyebrow raise from behind me, sending shivers down my spine.

"Did you wanna repeat that sweetheart?" He questioned and walked towards me.

Y: Pardon? I didn't say anything.

YG: Sure.

Y: What's your issue? You come 5 minutes before I close, order a coffee at this time of night and now you're tryna act all hard with me? Make yourself useful and turn the sign around will you?

Gosh he pissed me off. Who does he think he is.

He did as he was told and walked behind the counter next to me. He held me by the waist and followed me around like a kid.

Y: What are you doing?

I tried to hide the redness of my cheeks.

YG: Watching you make the best coffee I have ever tasted. I am also waiting for you to tell me why you had that interview.

I put the lid on his coffee and inserted the straw. I took a sip and shoved it into his hand. The figure wasn't very amused.

We walked to his favourite seat and sat down.

Y: It was fine. I did good. I like to design and make clothes in my free time, it's always just been a hobby until an old friend reached out and told me about that company that was looking for stylists. She forced me to go, I kinda owed her one so I just went. They liked my designs. They said I was hired, I start in a few weeks.

I rested my head on his shoulder.

Y: I don't know what to do. How am I gonna take care of this place AND work full time there? I don't wanna have to make a choice.

He stroked my hair.

YG: Then don't. I work there too, it's possible to work there and here. Plus that other guy Dae-Hyun is a good employee, no?

Y: That's true. I have no worries leaving it to him. Sorry, you're probably busy. You should go now.

I stood up and went back to cleaning, motioning for him to let himself out.

He came towards me, with bigger strides than usual and wrapped his arms against my waist again, pulling me towards him.

"I'd rather be with you princess... I have nowhere to be. I just wanted you to myself."

I blushed and tried to get him off me.

"I have to clean up. I'm almost done. Since when were you so clingy?" I shook my head and the man behind me giggled. Genuinely, is he drunk?

I finished up and he kissed my cheek.

"Did you even listen to me last time? Stop working so hard! You're gonna get unwell. Now, let me see some of your designs." Is he mad? Is he on one because I am so confused. Regardless of my confusion, my face became like a tomato.

I sighed and handed him my phone, opening it to the album where I keep an online copy of all designs along with progress made. I shut down other machines and disposed of his empty cup, I walked back exhausted. Honestly I just wanted to sleep. I laid my head on the table whilst he carried on looking.

My short rest was soon interrupted by him shaking my arm.

* Eomma. *

is ringing

I picked up the phone even though I knew what was going to happen.

M: Y/N. I want money.

Y: I have no money eomma. I said last time I wasn't going to give you anymore regardless.

M: Why the fuck not? I raised you, no?

Y: No eomma. You didn't. I did. All on my own. After the age of 2, I did everything. You just about sent me to school. I walked to the bus stop alone, came home to an empty house or to you drunk with random men passing through. Noona turned 13 and spent her days and nights with her friends whilst I went to bed starving every night because I was scared of the man downstairs or I was scared of you. Eomma, I'm done now. Stop calling please.

She hung up on me, I know nothing I said had been listened to but I didn't care. I forgot about the man who was beside me and started crying.

He held me tight.

"Don't cry. Come on, let's get you home."

I never realised how close we had gotten over the past few months. He felt like a friend but I don't know if he thought that.