AJ

[INTRO]

***

Along the way, Willow revealed she had a female Marill as her starter that her sister had given her and a female Butterfree.

Continuing down the path, Yuki ended up batting 9 trainers, who challenged her to a battle.

Presently, Yuki is battling against a Ratatta with Meowzie, who was enjoying the chance to battle.

"Meowzie Swift," Yuki ordered.

"Meowth!" Meowzie's tail glowed yellow & fired multiple yellow stars from it at Ratatta, knocking it out.

"Wow, you're superb," the trainer complimented as recalled his falling Pokémon, "You should battle A.J."

"A.J? Who's A.J?" Yuki asked as she was giving Meowzie a treat for winning.

"A.J is a savage trainer and he owns his own gym," the trainer explained.

"I see. Thanks," Yuki thanked him.

"Good luck," the trainer left.

"What do you guys think?" Yuki turned to her friends.

"Sounds interesting," Brock said.

"Why not?" Willow agreed.

***

So the gang arrived in front of a building with tall wood walls and the bold sign that read 'A.J's Gym.' Right next to it was a scoreboard which '99 wins and 1 loss'.

"99 wins? That's impressive," Yuki whistled.

"It's a nice gym too," Willow said.

"It amazes me that it is not even official," Brock stated.

"Who goes there?" A voice said from behind them.

Turning around they saw a boy with green spiky hair, wearing a black and red shirt, blue shorts and sneakers.

"Are you A.J?" Yuki asked.

"Yep, that's me," A.J answered. "Are you here to challenge me?"

"Yes, I'm Yuki."

"Great, this will be my 100th win," A.J grinned and pointed to his gym that the gang saw before. "Follow me."

A.J brought Yuki to the battlefield.

"This will be a 1-on-1 match," A.J said and released his Pokémon, "Go Sandshrew!"

"Sandshrew!" Sandshrew squeaked.

"Adeen, I choose you!" Yuki sent out her second starter.

"Char~" Adeen landed on the field.

A.J's eyes widen in surprised, "Wow... Some Charmander you have."

"Thank you," Yuki smiled.

"Sandshrew use Rollout," A.J commanded.

Sandshrew curled into a ball and rolled towards Adeen.

"Adeen Smokescreen," Yuki countered.

"Mander!" Adeen released thick back smoke from her mouth and avoided the attack.

"Now Metal Claw." Adeen's claws glowed a metallic color and slashed Sandshrew.

"Sandshrew use Swift," A.J ordered.

Sandshrew's tail glowed yellow and fired multiple yellow stars from it.

"Ember now," Yuki said.

Adeen fires multiple balls of fire from her mouth which collide with Swift.