3. Horanghi, a charming companion

He drags the corpse of his most recent murder across the floor. Jin asked him to do it as a sign of his ability, as he had already shown that he is good at finishing loose ends. This time it was more complicated, he had to track him down. As far as he understands, he is a traitor. Escapes his interest.

Traitors, people say, are people who seek something better even if it means breaking previous alliances. True, it is painful, but understandable. Namjoon believes that the only thing that is owed anything is the land that sustains life. Not even parents, for they too are capable of betrayal at the worst times.

The earth gives and takes away when it is right, not out of interest.

He leaves the corpse at the door of the tea room of the three Alphas of the Mugunghwa clan. Hoseok was frightened because he did not see it and did not detect it approaching, while Taehyung and Jin were impressed by its efficiency. He was given the assignment in the afternoon and already, at nightfall, it is done.

"Wow, you are quite capable." comments Taehyung in shock.

"Humans are very less capable." Namjoon corrects, dropping the corpse's leg. His face with a huge blood splatter and his clothes still dripping with the vital liquid staining the snow.

"Humans are not beasts capable of murdering like this" Jin adds with a sarcastic and cruel tone. Namjoon ignores such tone, disinterested in his pedantry. "I'll have a maid sent to help you clean up."

"I can do it myself. Excuse me."

He continues on his way to go to the bathing area. He wants to get the blood off himself so he can go eat. If he smells blood, it will be unpleasant.

"Not even the most capable assassins ever, have been able to do such a job so quickly," Taehyung comments thoughtfully. "It's certainly like a super predator. It's impressive." admires the Alpha.

"There's nothing impressive about it. It's a tiger. It's what we already know: a predator that kills everything that passes in front of its eyes." argues Jin grumpily at the comment. "What got us into this trouble, is this so-called admiration for Beastman."

"Denying how impressive and capable they can be won't solve anything, it won't erase them from existence either Jin" scoffs Hoseok leaning his hands behind his back. "Your own husband is a beastman are you going to pretend he's not awesome? He noticed the poison in your tea."

"And now he's the one poisoning the tea."

Hoseok exhales with exhaustion. Jin is still so resentful of knowing that Jungkook sent Namjoon, that his usual dislike for beastmen has grown. However, he knows very well what the real reason for Jin's hatred is: he is jealous that Jungkook was close to Namjoon, such a dominant Alpha and good candidate. Among the species, they understand each other and search for each other. They detect who is a better bidder, a better Alpha.

Jin is unable to let go of the disappointment and feels that his bond with his Omega, weakens with the seconds. He fears the day when he will cease to exist .

. . .

He stops his walk when he hears a suspicious sound. Without discretion or reservation he enters the room, finding the albino Omega in a corner, crying loudly. His pale face completely reddened and the sleeves of his hanbok, soaked with copious tears. Jimin squints at Namjoon, confused to see him there.

"Is something wrong my lord?" asks Namjoon softly. Jimin shakes his head.

"Nothing. I just... I-I read something that made me sad. Sorry to bother you with the noise." he stammers in reply, sounding more nervous than he should. Namjoon raises an eyebrow.