7.2 Nunpyobeom as Moonchild

Jimin lifts his head from the bed and his ears stand up. There is a lovely sound coming from outside. He gets up and arranging his hair with his fingers, walks to the usually open entrance. There, he finds a small music box on the floor.

He picks it up from the floor and picks up the rolled up paper placed to one side. The handwriting is rather clumsy, but legible and even a little tender.

Out of the winter was born, a little leopard of white color.
So much he loved him, that his color he gave and to the woman he loved he left it.
His eyes cold as the most enormous glacier.
And his pale pinks like the most perfect Mugunghwa.
He thinks no one can love him Is he that foolish?
It may be, no one else before wanted to adore him
But how can it be true?
Ungrateful wherever you go to look.
People will not see that the winter leopard
Is the greatest gift that ever came into their lives.
And with the slightest chance, the tiger can take him away
To the house of pink flowers and spring bedding

Jimin leans right and left, not seeing Namjoon anywhere, unable to know that the tiger is under the house, waiting for him to leave and not feel too embarrassed. It is not common in the said feeling, as well as how he feels about him thanks to the closeness that months and months of seeing each other and talking every day have created.

Initiated with people around, continued here alone. Jimin underestimates him, dismisses what his strong, but eager spirit is capable of forming and now, feel to the point of drowning. Perhaps it is not equal to what those poets will make the leopard feel, nor what humans feel, and yet why should it be less? On the contrary, he is sure that it is much more sincere and genuine than what they offer.

Because he accepts to be an animal, he accepts to be simple, he accepts that he likes it, that he would give his life to take care of it and be its Alpha. Which part of all that is less intense? Less valid. It hurts and saddens him, but at the same time, he knows he must make himself noticed.

Keep Jimin away from pessimistic thoughts and focus on human life as the ideal. He is not human. He is a beastman and must take pride in who he is and what he is capable of evoking with his presence alone.

It will be complicated, but it will be worth it in the end, he is sure.

~ * * * ~

"If you had the chance to be human would you?" asks Jimin suddenly.

"No."

"Really?"

"Why would I want to change?" Namjoon replies and Jimin shrugs, braiding the hair on his shoulder.

"Maybe because you'd have a less lonely life."

"I like my life the way it is," Namjoon insists. "There's no reason why I would change it. Whether or not I fit in with humans, with most I don't care" He assures shaking his head. "On the contrary, nothing scares me more than waking up one day being just like them."

"Why?" asks Jimin in surprise.

"I wouldn't be me anymore. I'm a beastman, I'm a tiger. Fate made me this way, spring loves me the way it gave birth to me Who will I be if I become something so different?" Jimin purses his lips and Namjoon stares at him for a moment before asking, "You would change who you are? In exchange for being human?"

"I... I think that-"

"Are you that desperate to feel love?"

Jimin averts his face and clasps his hands in his lap. Namjoon sighs with disappointed leave.