11. The calm Horanghi

"Are you serious, you're going to discuss that now?"

"At what point else? Let's get the problems over with before we do-"

"This isn't a problem, it's stupid," opines Hoseok with distaste. "In my opinion, it shouldn't even be something we need to talk about. Just let it go and... and... Whew, since when were you guys busy!"

Taehyung holds Jin from behind, as the Alpha was close to fainting, pale and attacked. Jimin holds the futon to cover his nakedness. Nothing of interest to Namjoon, really. The naked Alpha with barely a dopo on top and offering Jimin to go outside to get something to eat.

Hoseok can't resist giving an outrageous and mischievous laugh. They should have told the guards to supervise Namjoon instead of just saying "stand down". The Alpha notices them from Jimin, who joins in holding the cloth to cover himself.

"How can you even think of doing this here!" reprimands Jin rushing in like a bullet. "What have you no minimum decency!? WITH WHAT WE HAVE ON TOP OF US! Look how...!" He covers his face with his hands for a moment, forcing himself to concentrate. "Forget it. I don't have time for this. Go take a bath and fix yourself up. The maids are going to help you. Call the discreet ones." orders Taehyung who leaves in a hurry.

"What? I-I don't understand why I'm going out?"

"Lord Baek wants to meet you. He's interested in marrying you now that you're of age. Very inopportune, but timely at the same time for what you want" Jin ironizes with a cynical and eager smile. "Now, move along, you need to get the scent off you and- Don't touch me." Namjoon holds Jin by the wrist.

"He's not going to show it to anyone else. It's not something he decided and therefore, it carries no weight whatsoever" Namjoon informs quietly. Jin furrows his eyebrows, judging him with his eyes, wondering who he thinks he is to give those kinds of orders. "Let's go eat, my lord." prompts Jimin who looks at them alternately not knowing who to listen to here.

"I'm your brother" Jin reminds him between his teeth and Jimin bites his lower lip. "Obey me didn't you want to help the family and be a prince again? Do what you could. This person has a lot of power, a lot of capital, we need him and he will erase everything that is being said about-"

"Are you going to sell me out again?"

"I'm helping you get what you wanted." assures Jin in a choked, desperate voice; not understanding why all the Omegas beastman around him have to be so unsympathetic to what he does.

"No, you're selling me out."

"You wanted to be part of the court! And the imperial family! That's what I'm getting you!" argues Jin hurriedly and impatiently, his expression contrary to anger, a desperate one to at least manage to accomplish that. Guilt is swallowing him alive.

Because he is aware that he twists everything in his favor when it comes to Jimin. Helping him must always come with a benefit of his own or an excuse that delays the good intention. It being impossible for himself to admit which comes first. With the answer, he would have surprise more than one. Jimin quivers his lips and shakes his head as he speaks.

"That's not what I want!" Jimin shrieks too loudly, similar to a desperate roar of a dying feline. Hoseok steps up to help Jin who is turning pale. "I just wanted to be one of you, I wanted you to accept me. The court and all that I-I don't care" He lowers his head. "I wanted to be just like you, Tae and Hobi; to share more like you and for you to see me as your brother, not a burden? That's all."

The confession leaves Jin mute and despite his eagerness to add something, he takes a breath before walking away to another place. Leaving Jimin and Namjoon alone. The tiger helps him arrange the futon more to cover himself and the leopard leans against him, sniffling.