4.2 The caring Nunpyobeom

Fighting is a matter of honest soldiers and warriors, which Namjoon is not. Little wonder that despite the warlike atmosphere and the chaos that exists, the confrontations are within a thin line of decency. Namjoon carries a sword with him, but he hardly uses it, as his hands and claws are almost enough.

Slashing men's throats, tearing off their limbs, biting them in places where they will not be able to recover and murdering them. It is a carnage that turns in favor of the Mugunghwa clan.

Nevertheless, Namjoon is upset. Very annoyed: most people here are beastmen and yet they behave as if they were human without any trace of their animal counterparts. Sure, many of them are herbivores, they are prey who believe in the cause they espouse. It doesn't take away from the pathetic and almost miserable nature of the affair.

He supposes the only noble thing about it is that they fight to try to be seen as the humans they are. Namjoon is disliked from any point of view. The only thing challenging about it is that a huge beastman, perhaps bull or horse, faces him and directly throws him against a wall.

The orange beastman stifles the exclamation and clenches his teeth, his bones creak and his head bounces in an ill-advised manner. However, being the predator that he is, he doesn't stay still even in that instant of weakness. He rejoins, with a lock of his hair out of the top knot, and runs straight at his opponent.

His body acquires a curious mutation. His claws bigger. The muscles are pronounced and anthropomorphic; the face is slightly elongated, causing it to have a snout, making it much easier to bite. Some stop what they are doing just to see what is happening in that specific fight and there are those who run away, panicking to receive the slightest hint of Namjoon's attention.

They do not want to die in such a horrible way.

Namjoon changes little by little something else, and he is in the process of changing, showing his huge fangs and changing the bone structure of his body.

It is curious, but the beastmen capable of changing their shape are usually bigger than the animals they come from. Strong, cunning, fast and all thanks to the mixture they have with the human race. Contrary to humans, animals receive them as one of their own, hardly noticing the difference or giving it any relevance as long as the established natural hierarchy is followed.

That is why they are better off in the wild than among humans. Because humans only do what is possible see here: fear them, believe them are a beast about to finish them off. This time, he will make the exception, because that is indeed what he intends to carry out. He roars again, breaking into a run and motivating the warriors of the Mugunghwa clan.

When the sun sets in the sky, they had finished and out of courtesy, one of the army captains gives Namjoon a dopo and is not naked.

"Thank you very much for your hard work." thanks the man. Namjoon snaps his jaw back into place. Rearranging himself after something like that hurts a little. More than shifting into that state.

"There was no one left?"

"Just a few we'll question. You may retire if you wish."

"I need a horse." mumbles Namjoon looking around and being difficult because his eye is swollen.

"Oh, with pleasure." calls a lower ranking soldier. This one arrives with the horse and stutters:

"P-please don't eat it."

Namjoon doesn't even bother to make a bad gesture. He gets on the animal and starts it walking. He wants to get to the house today. Maybe hunt something on the way so he can eat in peace. He has the taste of blood in his mouth, but strangely, he has never found human flesh to taste good.