4. Dreaming Nunpyobeom

"Jimin-"

"I already know what you'll say, no need."

"I'd say yes," Yoongi corrects, the leopard beastman continuing to comb his long white, gray and black hair. "Considering how carelessly obvious you're being."

"We just talked," Jimin affirms instantly. "Nothing else has happened. Your concern-"

"It's about you" Yoongi interrupts jadedly. "Your position is delicate, don't risk it for a wild animal. Keep the necessary distance. It's easy. It's-"

"Is that how you felt with Tae? That he was...looking at you too intensely and just a part of you just wanted to see how far he would go?" he asks suddenly. Yoongi raises an eyebrow.

"My relationship with Taehyung is not what we're talking about."

"I know. I'm just... curious." declares Jimin leaning his elbow on the small table holding the mirror. "How was it?"

Yoongi shakes his head given a snort. Jimin continues to look at himself in the mirror, perking up the obvious ears he has. He gives a deep sigh.

"I know what my current situation is and I know I shouldn't risk it, but... sometimes it scares me to have it, considering your ears are like that." admits Jimin.

"It's a decision I made and nothing to do with it. Don't say it like it's a tragedy."

Yoongi walks away in a bad mood and Jimin looks down, uneasy. Yoongi and his droopy ears, or rather, his stitched ears. That's how he hides a lot that he is a beastman. It is the condition that was imposed to allow him to be the Omega of Taehyung.

Jimin is still afraid that, when he gets a prospect of any breed, he will have to sew his ears and hide his tail, if not cut it off. His options were widened to two, where one is more terrible than the other: live locked up in his room or get married, having to accept the requirements for beastmen who want to do so.

Among his worries, Namjoon emerges and does not avoid letting out a chuckle. His easy life, free and without worrying about all this segregation between species, because his caste is also a strong one that inspires respect in the people around. Jimin is a little envious of him. Not only for his caste, but his ability to live happily in simple freedom without pressure.

Jimin rests the fingers on the mirror. "I couldn't live like that."

~ * * * ~

The snowstorms have become so intense, there is no wall to stop or appease them. Namjoon shivers in place, no matter how much he huddles in Mon, the cold is too intense to be endured. He feels his tail freeze and his fingers grow numb. His sense of smell directs him in only one direction: Jimin.

Everyone in the big house has company. Whether it's partners, siblings or companions who help keep warm and not perish from the embrace of the weather. His instinct invites him to go for it, to take a place in his nest and for both to share a long time of mutual support. Mon goes first, confident and eager to be next to the arctic Omega.

Namjoon takes his time, arranging his clothes, running his fingers. Through his long hair and trying to hold back his anxious hormones. Because being together in the same space, next to each other, isn't the only way to warm up.

And being this close to an Omega he can't help but admire, is dangerous for both of them. He opens the wood and paper door, finding Jimin with Mon on his futon. The tiger purrs at ease and showing part of his fangs; Namjoon closes behind him and Jimin smiles at him.

"I think your tiger found greater accommodation in my room, Namjoon. " Jimin comments mischievously and eloquently. Namjoon smiles slyly.

"He recognizes the best places to rest during terrible times." assures Namjoon and Jimin laughs.