2. The captivating Nunpyeobeom

Namjoon's lips half-open in awe of the creature in front of him. Contrary to the beginning, he thinks he is dreaming or having a hallucination, for the possibility of a tiger beastman, full of blood and vibrant forest stench, standing next to his futon is almost nil.

What Namjoon admires is a young man with pale skin, just as soft as an infant's and delicate as porcelain; his eyes thin and small with an icy blue color in the iris, as if he has a glacier in his gaze; the hair lying on the floor white in color and specific strands of very faint black and gray.

The ears that emerge on the sides of his head similar to Namjoon's, but smaller and rounder, fluffy as are his thick lips and prominent cheeks.

The tiger is unaware that he is facing Park Ji-Min, bastard son of the late empress; and ultimately, a Snow Leopard beastman.

"The path of blood leads to the prince's room!"

"Don't let the assassin escape!"

Namjoon turns to the door for a moment and at that, Jimin rises, crawling on the futon to his feet. He gives a shriek, startled by Mon's sudden movement.

"Don't kill him." Namjoon grabs his tiger by the tail, pulling it a little and preventing it from going all the way to the prince.

"W-what are you doing here? Why-"

"Shhh."

Namjoon opens the door and pushes Mon by patting him on the back. It's very likely that if he stays here, he'll be killed and he doesn't want that to happen. Jimin watches, confused and disgruntled. Namjoon is covered in blood and from the screams he hears, they are looking for a killer Why is he still alive? Namjoon closes the door.

"You didn't see any tiger. Just me."

Jimin nods intimidated, ears drooping and seconds later, the doors to the room are opened. Both those facing the forest and those opening to the interior of the house. Archers, swordsmen and rifle marksmen point at him. Namjoon raises his hands to his chest height, with several strands of hair sticking out of the top knot, giving a much wilder image of himself.

"Jimin! Come!"

The Omega staggers in going in the direction of the one calling him, instantly taking shelter. Namjoon chased with his eyes until the last second.

. . .

"Twenty people? By himself?"

"H-he's a beastman sir."

"I noticed that already, Beomgyu, I'm not blind not to notice that we have an animal sitting here."

Namjoon pays no attention to the one being spoken, even though it is directly about him. His thoughts and total interest are on those occupying the next room. He can see the silhouettes through the paper. His tail flicks restlessly and ears perk up in alertness.

He recognizes the one that interests him. It is the smaller one with ears on its head. He detects its scent from here. It is strong and striking. The more he analyzes it, he comes to the conclusion that perhaps, it captured his interest and is unconsciously calling him.

"Okay" The person who kept scolding the nervous soldier approaches Namjoon. "So who are you, an envoy of the Bulgeun Yeou?"

Namjoon fixes his green eyes on him. Sure enough, this is an aristocratic man. Tall, graceful features, and a cocky, almost menacing gesture, or would be if he weren't just a normal human. His hair long, black and straight over his shoulder, wearing a wide blue dopo over his sleeping clothes.

"Being part animal does not negate your intellect and understanding: are you an envoy of Bulgeun Yeou?" he insists without getting an answer.

"I am," Namjoon replies, disinterested. "I was sent to assassinate all of you" As far as he is concerned, he is not threatened with not telling the truth and being a war, there is little interest in the enemy's moves being exposed. "I must assume you are Seokjin, the leader of this clan."