The Curse Of The Earth Totem...

"I don't know what I'm looking at." Amaya told Ray as she leaned back into my arms.

"Looks like a hemorrhoid." Mick commented from behind us.
"What? No, it- it's Mallus." We all looked at him cluelessly as he pointed to the cloud with horns he had drawn. "Demon horns?" I just shook my head in response. "Anyway, the hunt for the six totems has begun."

"There are only five tribes in Zambesi." Amaya informed us. "Each was gifted with a totem. And I checked; there's no record of a sixth."

"Well, the good news is that we have the air and spirit totems."

"Kuasa has the water totem." I reminded him, thinking less than fondly back when she used her powers to kill me.

"And since the final totem is a complete mystery, that leaves us looking for Earth and fire. Now, the fire totem, which is currently smashed, BTW, was last seen in a Detroit museum in 2018." He looked at Amaya.

"Wait, how do you know that?"

"Because it is with your granddaughter Mari's- AKA the other Vixen's boyfriend, Doctor Adam Macalester. He's dedicated his life to the study of the Zambesi totems."

"Well, if Constantine is right and the only thing that Mallus fears is the sixth, then we need to get our hands on the fire totem."

"Ah. Collect the set, win the prize."

"We need to tell Sara we gotta get to Detroit." Ray announced.

"Oh, Amaya and I are out for this mission." I informed the group.

"What? Why?" The voice took me by surprise. It was Nate.

"Date night." Amaya looked back and forth between, then focusing her attention on me. "In which I have no idea where the date is."

"That's called a surprise, babe."

"Sara's out too." Mick interrupted, taking a sip of his beer. "She's off to Star City. She's been texting some guy. They're going on a date."

"How do you know?" Ray began to question him. "What, are you looking at her phone?"

He shrugged, as if it were normal to do. "I look at everybody's phone. It helps pass the time."

"Well...who's she going on a date with."

"Obviously it's Ava." I pointed out to the group. Sara, of course, had told me after she asked Ava out, so it only made sense.

"Oh, that's hot."

Sara appeared in the doorway of the parlor. "What's hot?"

"Uh..." Ray struggled to play it off, barely doing so successfully. "The fire totem. Hot, hot. Very hot and currently in Detroit, so what do you say we motor off to the Motor City?"

Sara didn't do much better.

"Right now? I...might sit this one out. Because...I have business. Back home."

"I bet you do." Mick chuckled knowingly.

XXX

Stepping out of the portal, I could see how surprised Amaya was. It wasn't a nice restaurant like Sara had planned to take Ava to. Where we were was a dark boardwalk by the water.

"Okay, now that we're here, you wanna tell me what we're doing?" Amaya asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"The two most romantic nights of my life were the first night we spent together in 1776 and then the one the night before Barry and Iris' failed wedding. You remember?" She nodded her head and squinted her eyes, unsure of where I was going. "The first night, we took a nice long walk and just talked about the past and the present. The second time, we talked about life while walking around the city. So, I thought our third most romantic night would be a walk by the water."