Chapter 4: Watching from above....

Jade Aurora Lokidotter

"On my way here I was thinking about when you came to DC and had that cute disguise. Those glasses and the hats. How you pretended that you were a Canadian in DC. But I never got why we always fought so much. Maybe we were to caught up in our missions to think about each other any differently. I miss that. When you lived here with the guys and I. We were like a family. Always laughing and having a good time together. Movie night was always the best. Either my old classics or your Expendables movies, which by the way I have now watched. But I promised Sam I'd stop by the V.A. after I came to see you. Bye Princess. I love you."

I watched the screen as he turned and walked away. I couldn't let him deal with this for no reason again. My body wasn't even there for him to talk to. He's talking to an empty grave.

I sat there in their tactile vehicle, my knees pulled up to my chest and my eyes glued to a live image of Steve walking away from the grave. The driver side door opened and Phil slid in. I didn't look at him, I just watched the screen in silence.

"How long were you two together?" Phil asked, breaking the silence. I cast a side glance at him, asking teasingly "Jealous?" Phil gives me a pointed look, telling me to be serious.

I lean my head back against the seat. "A while. There was no label on it. We fought like married couple, we talked about raising a family, and he's met my family."

I knew Phil couldn't come in contact with his girlfriend since he had died. But he was a good man who deserved to be happy with the one he loved. A question popped into my head, one that had been turning in my head since I arrived. "Does it bother you that Loki is my father?" I asked, turning the tablet off and holding it to my chest.

Phil sighs, replying honestly "No. It doesn't. Why should I hold my grudge against Loki against you. You're a good person. You aren't your father."

I shake my head, allowing my fingers to turn blue and my eyes red "No. I am exactly like him. Cold, adopted, angry and at times merciless. My father turned a new leaf, he is an ally. But when you guys let me leave I need to go find my brother and adopted parents. They think I've been dead for years and I need to make things better with them."

I return my fingers back to their pale state and add "I am many things Agent Coulson, but a good person is not one of them. I will always be the villain, there's no changing that."

There's a knock on the car window, Skye stood there, gesturing for me to come out. "Check up." Sighing I got out of the SUV, stating grimly "With all that blood they're drawing I could support Red Cross alone."