Chapter 14: Prince Charming

Jade Lokidotter

Steve and I get off the couch as my father storms through the apartment into the living room. What he did next shocked me. He lifted Steve into the air by his throat. "You bastard! You let them kill her! This all happened because of you!" Loki bellowed. Steve swiftly reacted, hitting Lokis elbow, triggering a reactionary release of his throat.

"What the hell dad?! Coming here and trying to kill Steve? Way to make family memories!" I scolded while Steve coughed slightly as I rubbed his back. "He let that vile man kill you! He promised to protect you when I was on Asgard!" Loki seethed.

I clenched my fists, getting pissed off. "Get your head out of your own ass dad. There was no force in the galaxy that could have stopped me. In case you haven't noticed I'm a stubborn shit. It runs in the family."

Loki throws his arms to the side, getting more worked up. "Which is why you should've stayed with me on Asgard! I'm your father!" I shook my head as I spat "You aren't!" Loki looked hurt by venomous words. "Not by choice. You may be my father by blood but were you there when I learned to read, got my powers, or had my first boyfriend? No. Peter Quill was. He taught me about the stars, told me I was his little princess, told me stories before bed and sang me songs from the 80's. You weren't there for any of that. You threw me away so you wouldn't get in trouble. And you have the audacity to come in here and take a go at my boyfriend, the best thing that has ever happened to me, just because he didn't stop me? I made my choice, a stupid irrational choice because I was to weak to deal with my pain. But I do remember him breaking Vonhoffers neck. And I don't get why you're still mad at him. I'm alive and well. So for just once in your life be fucking grateful for something instead of wanting more!" I finished my rant, my breathing uneven and my heart racing.

Both Loki and Steve were speechless. Whereas I had words to spare. "And if you ever try to hurt Steve or any other of The Avengers again I will make sure you understand why I'm wanted throughout the Galaxy."

Loki gaped, unable to comprehend why I suddenly had so much hatred towards him. But he messed with Steve and I don't take that lightly. "But Aurora-you died. My only family left. You are all I have left." I laugh bitterly, not seeing how a man that had lived so long was so naive. "You don't get it. You do have family. You have a brother and parents that care deeply about you. But if you think killing Steve is going to fix any of this you'll have to kill me too. And we both know you wont do that."

Steve regained his voice, though still raspy "I regret everyday that I didn't save Jade. I could've done better. I could've gotten there earlier. A lot could be different now. But I do know that I have her back now and we could not be more happy."

Loki looked down in shame, probably feeling awful about his actions. It seemed he was solely concerned of my outburst. "Do you think it was easy watching another man raise your daughter after your wife had passed? But look at what you've become now. A beautiful enchanting woman that is every bit as amazing as her mother."

I cross my arms over my chest, rubbing my forehead. "Dad, about mum. She mentioned there is are things you still need to teach me. Like heritage of Asgard and Jotunhiem." Loki nearly fell over, his face paler than usual. "Your mother is alive, too? Where is she?"

I shake my head, feeling just as sad as he was about mum. "She's not alive. She came to me when I was dead. Told me she approved of Steve and that she loves you very much."

Tears fell from Lokis eyes, his breaths short and close together. "You communicate with the dead?" I shrug. Not really having an answer. "Not sure. It happens when I sleep. It's memories from when I was dead."

Loki wipes the tears from his face. "Did she say anything else?" I nod, never feeling this awkward with my father. "She told me I had a chance to be with Steve again, and that I had to make things right with my brother and his family. Mum also said I looked just like you."

Loki looks at the floor in a moment of remembrance. I knew exactly how it felt. "Feels awful doesn't it?" I inquired humorously. "Losing your family. Dreadful. Having to adapt, find a way to cope. Guess we both made a wrong turn during the midst of it all. Lost our way."

Loki shakes his head in protest "I did not lose my way, I found the path I truly belonged on. It is you whom are lost my daughter. There is so much I can teach you. Magic, worlds, nothing anyone has ever seen."

I narrow my eyes, knowing he had gone down a very dangerous path. "You know how this will result. It's always the same with you. You don't think I've heard the stories? Tales of your path of lies and mischief-" Loki cuts me off harshly. "Don't lecture me on lies and mischief, child! You've committed worse than I. You try to protect but you always failed. Don't condemn me when you are with one of his kind. A mere mortal. You don't belong here, you belong on a throne, as do I. Be it, Asgard or Jotunhiem I shall take the throne."

I could smell the Asgardian alcohol on his breath. Drunkard. "You're drunk dad. I think you should just leave until you've sorted yourself out." I suggested. He nearly fell over but Steve caught his arm, guiding him towards the door. "Get some rest Loki."

Steve just helped my father after he had just tried to choke him out. This man was truly Prince Charming. But now he's mine.