Chapter 32: Dinner for two please?

Jade Quill

Did he just-

I think he seriously just-

Is he pulling this to catch me off guard so he can catch me?

Just.... what the hell?
I knew what I wanted, I knew the possible repercussions. Hell, I've been held captive against my will, gone to Asgard, died, met parents and my mother in the after life, been brought back to life, survived a fall off Avengers Tower, got amnesia, remembered and threatened Americas government. Why not make things crazier. But first.....

"Wow Steve....." I breathed, drumming my fingers against the icy arm rests of my thrown. "You would risk everything to marry a super villain?" He looked worried I wouldn't say yes as he replied honestly "I'd risk my life if it meant I had you." Gahhhh, the things this man did to me. The way his jaw moved when he smirked, the adorable way his nose would crinkle up, his eyes what made me melt, those beautiful pink lips I could simply kiss all day.... mmmn, that actually sounds fantastic. Get back on track Jade!

"Proposing like this isn't what I had in mind but I made a promise that when you remembered who I was that I would never let you go again." I leaned forward, the image of grace and mischief itself  I took gentle hold of his chin and leaned in close as I whispered six of the most important words I would ever mutter

"Yes, I'd love to marry you."

Steves face lit up completely at my answer, clearly shocked. I rolled my eyes as he blubbered like a fish and leaned forward and kissed him full on the mouth. It took him a moment to realize what was going on and kiss me back.

I pulled away after a brief time, pressing a light kiss on his nose before admitting "As much as I would like to keep kissing you, we are supposed to be fighting." Steve pouted, greatly protesting my words. "That's what you get for threatening national security."

I rose to my feet, my thrown dissipating under me at will "Yeah, yeah. Karma is a heartless bitch. I get it. But the sooner we finish this the sooner we can go home. So let's argue loudly about something stupid and swing some punches."

I swung a round kick at his head, though thankfully he blocked it. "There is no stopping me! I mean to get whatever I wish from this corrupted world!" Steve came at me, his shield in hand as he retorted "Not as long as there are people alive to stop you! You can't win this!"

I lifted the spell protecting the ice from being melted so the heroes would have one victory. Steve somehow pinned me to the railing, holding me there as if I were is enemy "You know the others can't know about this right?" I nodded, kneeing him in the stomach and turning the tables so that I was pinning him. "It'd all spiral from there." Steve pulled a little stunt where he jerked himself forward and front flipped over me and had captured my hands behind my back.

"You know where my new place in Brooklyn is?" He asked as I put up a fake struggle. I nodded, swinging my elbow into his gut as I muttered "I'll see you tonight Mr Rogers." Trying to maintain the illusion that he still had me in an arm lock.

Steve leaned forward and whispered in my ear "Until then, future Mrs Rogers." I shoved him away from me, winking as I maniacally laughed "Heed my warning! Don't try and cross me Avenger!" and dissipated into thin air, looking forward to seeing my fiancé tonight.