Santa Monica

As it turns out, Tina and you were much alike. You were a creative, a visionary you might say (though you always found the term unfitting and cringe). And she, even though she didn't show it online, was one as well.

"So you write?" You ask.

"I do....like a lot, lot."

"Anything specific you might write about?"

"Well... I don't like fantasy or sci-fi or anything like it. I'm more of a Tragedy type writer. Like the suffering artist archetype...."

"So deep..." You add.

"Oh yes, I am so very deep and interesting..."

"I agree" you add, not being able to hold back your urge to stare deeply into her eyes.

She was being serious, though. There was no facade, no attempts to be something she wasn't to try to impress you, no. She was opening up a side to you that she (probably) didn't show to many people.

"thank you" she shyly mutters.

She breaks the eye contact and drops her head to look at her feet. She was very shy, very timid. She was a very pretty girl, cute even. You found her especially attractive, from her shy demeanor to the cute expressions she made.

You reach out your hand and place it on her cheek. You didn't know why you had this urge to do so, but you wanted to make her feel comfortable with you.

She shifts her gaze back up to you, chin still tilted down. Her eyes meet yours and you move your hand to her chin, propping it up.

"My eyes are up here, didn't know you had a thing for feet..." You tease.

She chuckles, blushing a bit.

"Oh my God, I can't believe you!"

--------------------------------------------------------------

After a 20 minute trip in the back of an Uber, and a few cute advances, the both of you exit the backseat to make way to the pier. You hand the driver a $100 bill, one of the last you had left, and he thanked you.

"That was kind" she says.

"Oh...yeah... It's nothing, really"

"Don't you get shy now...or do you like toes too"

You chuckle, "only one way to find out..."

"oh my-"

She's blushing again. Even though she found a laugh from your advances, she also seemed semi-interested.

You took note of this as the two of you walked down the boardwalk. A gentle layer of sand had blown over from the beach and felt it beneath your shoes.

The sun was out and extra toasty. You felt the beams on your skin and worried of an eventual sunburn, a bad one at that.

"I forgot to put on sunscreen..." said Tina.

"Yeah, me too"

"Could you...help me put it on? I can help you too if you want"

"Yeah, of course!"

She hands you a small, hand-held bottle of Hawaiian Tropic SPF 15 sunscreen. You loosen the cap and pop it open, gently applying a bit onto your fingers. You rub it in between your two hands, the wet substance is evenly spread through your hands.

With it applied, the both of sit down on an empty bench. She leans her face in and you reach out. You rub some into her cheeks first, gently doing circle motions with your hand.

Next, you do her forehead, and then her nose, making sure all of her face would be safe from the sun's rays.

You go to hand her the bottle, but she halts you.

"My thighs are exposed, Y/n....wouldn't want them to burn up..."

You nod, understanding what she was implying. You apply some more sunscreen onto your hands as she scoots in closer, spreading her legs apart to let you get all of them.

You gently place your hands on each of her thighs, rubbing the top of them, up and down. She tries her best to look chill, but you could tell she got some pleasure from this.

You rub the outer part of her thighs, quickly noticing how tone they were. Returning to the top of her thighs, you give them a squeeze this time as you rubbed them. This got a shiver from Tina.

You chuckle as you tease her a bit, getting an eye roll from her. You stand up now, having properly spread the sunscreen on her exposed skin.

"My turn."

She nods and lathers sunscreen on you as well. She was a lot quicker, deciding against the whole teasing thing.

Now the two of you are properly protected from the sun's rays and continue down the board walk.

Tina is stopped multiple times by fans, most of which are teenage girls. You take  most of the photos for them, finding the irony in the fact that you were the one behind the camera.

It's a long walk before you reach the pier, a very, very long one. The beach was beautiful, however. So we're the women, but you had your eyes on only one for now.

You reach the pier and get in line for a food truck. Slowly, each customer orders and gets their food until they reach you.

You order a hot dog, as does she. The two of you walk away with your small meal towards the end of the pier.

While walking, once again a fan stops the two of you. You ready yourself to take the picture for Tina, but the young man surprises you as they ask;

"Y/n? Can I get a picture?"

"Of course!"

Instead, Tina takes the picture. She's humbled and you ride a high, as you were being recognized more and more now.

The fan thanks you and walks away, you smirk and give Tina a look.

"Don't even..." She says with a bit of pep.

"What could you possibly mean?" You playfully ask.

She rolls her eyes.

"Whatever."

She walks away and you chuckle a bit. But then you realize she wasn't slowing down nor turning back, so you hurry to catch up to her.

"You planning on leavin' me?" You ask.

"Only if necessary..."

Now you're rolling your eyes. You continue until your phone buzzes once, and then twice.

You take a peak and notice multiple text notifications.

They read;

"Hey Y/n, need you to come in to check out and sign these contracts to make everything official."

"Oh and dress nicely, we want to take a few photos for the social media announcements"

You just shake your head.

Fucking again???!

"What?" Asks Tina.

"I'm getting called in to work..."

"Really?"

"Yep. Of fucking course."

"I can ride with you..."

"Nah. Enjoy your day. We'll just have to hang out another day I guess..."

She stares down at her feet in disappointment.

"Okay..."

You place a hand on her chin and bring it up to face yours.

"Next time will be more fun, I promise"

"Don't keep me waiting..."