- Chapter 3 -

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Kerem~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What happened?" I say, bending down to look at her wounds.

"Kerem! We were climbing up and she fell down."

"And who came up with the idea of doing this," I say angrily, "Where does it hurt?" I focus on Hande.

"I sprained my ankle, but my arm hurts more...," blood comes out of a cut that doesn't seem to be very deep.

"Kerem, we thought it would be a good idea to explore the area a bit," Anthony says.

"A great idea," I start to raise my voice. "Does anyone know what kind of animals you cand find here?" I wait for an answer, "Does anyone know what to do if someone gets hurt?" no one answers, "Does anyone know that in such small groups you can't go out to recognize a fucking area that you don't know?" I shout angrily.

"Kerem..." I cut Anthony off.

"Do whatever you want, if you want to keep going up, go ahead, I'll take Hande to the beach."

"Kerem, don't be like that," Harry replies, another of the youngest survivors.

"Can you explain to me what you would have done if she hit her head," I shout angrily, pointing at Hande, "or if one of you fell, or if some wild animal attacked you? Can you explain to me what the hell you would have done?" Just the thought of Hande getting hurt makes me get angry and even makes me want to kick these two kids in their heads for entering the jungle.

"We're not kids," Harry shouts.

"Of course you're not, so don't act like one!"

I turn and take Hande in my arms without saying anything, ready to go back to the beach.

"If you want to go back, you know the way," I start walking without seeing if they follow me.

During the walk, I don't open my mouth, neither does Hande, she only complains from time to time because of the pain. Until she starts talking.

"Kerem, you shouldn't have been like that with them, we just wanted to help."

I breathe a few times so as not to sound rude.

"Look" I say leaving her on the sand "I don't know how you could do this..." I raise my voice a little, I'm really angry.

"Don't yell at me," she shouts over me and makes me breath again, "I'm not a child like them to get scared when you raise your voice at them."

"I don't scare anyone," I yell, "and I don't mean to, but you've gone out of your fucking minds doing this nonsense."

"Ugh! Look, I can walk by myself," she says trying to walk without letting me come closer, "I don't need your help," she starts limping.

"Hande, this is absurd, let me take you to...".

"You're not taking me anywhere... Ow!" she says bending down, she can hardly walk.

"Hande..." I approach her slowly.

"Leave me! What do you think? That I'm a child? A child you have to take care of, is that it? Is that why you came looking for me? Are you the boss of the island? The one who has to organize everything, and if something isn't organized by you, it's already done wrong?" she says mockingly, "Will you stop treating me like I can't take care of myself? Just because you saved my life once doesn't mean I have to listen to you all the time, you're not my father!"

Those screams and reproaches are getting stuck in my stomach. I'm not going to leave her there alone, but I'm not going to let her talk to me like that either.