40

Why do I feel so cold? Where is everyone? 

"Hello???" 

No answer. 

Darkness surrounded me. I am standing on a pitch black floor. There is no one around me. 

"Anyone???"

No answer. Maybe I'm dead. Is this limbo? Is this Valhalla? I don't know... 

I hear scratching noises. I hear growling. I feel the presence of something. I am not alone...

"Who's there?"

"Do not be afraid. I am a friend." 

A dragon came out of the shadows. He looks old and he had hair like a beard. 

"Who are you?"

"You." 

"Huh?"

"I am the original Lycanwing." 

The original? 

"I don't understand."

"Follow me."

I followed the old dragon. He did look familiar. He smells familiar. His eyes were withered and a milky white. His scales were still shiny. His wings were withered and had holes. He was old. Really old. His breath was raspy and he coughed a lot.

We walked through the darkness together. Where is he leading me? Where are we going? Where am I going?

"I know you have questions." 

"Why did this happen? I mean I know why. But why? Why did you do it? Why are Lycanwings not a myth."

He smiles. I look at him. The darkness fades. I am now standing on grass and flowers. The sky was clear. The birds chirped. Now where am I? I see man coming closer. He wore armor and had dragon wings? Was he a Lycanwing? 

"Who is he?"

"Me."

"You were human?"

"Once. I was born with dragon wings."

"Why?"

"Natural order. Evolution. Reasons I cannot explain."

Two other men come up to him. They were on horses. 

"Freak. You are called. The Princess summons you." The man said. 

He nodded. He flew to a castle in the distance. Than the scenery changed.