Chapter 12: The Sky Kekunan

Here is the continuation, with the hunting of the dream and a misadventure of Lutsey, with terrible consequences for her and her family. Don't hesitate to vote, if you liked it, or to comment. Above, a drawing of Lutsey as an adult, drawn by Vrrtep, a member of the Com'ava community.

Joltsyn's point of view

Mother: I didn't think Tsylan would be so talented!

Sitting in a circle with Twilo and my parents in their tent, I could easily understand Mother's words. I myself did not expect to see this from Tsylan.

Twilo with a proud smile: It seems that my apprentice will become one of the best riders of the clan.

Me: If not, Twilo.

He looked at me, in amazement, making me roll my eyes.

Me: Tsylan has an ability to read the wind. He can tell the intensity of the wind and its direction, using it to his advantage. This is not a knowledge that a young hunter acquires, easily enough.

Mother: Which leads us to believe that before his amnesia, he already knew how to fly.

Twilo And what's the problem? It benefits the clan, right?

I could tell by his tone that he was slightly annoyed by the remark about his apprentice, with whom he had made friends. I had to calm him down, by speaking more clearly.

Me: Calm down, Twilo. We're not saying that Tsylan is a danger. Just...this strange experience surprises us.

Twilo: Perhaps it is a gift from Eywa?

Father: Perhaps. Or simply some residue of his former self. Only he can answer this question. However, there is no denying that he has the heart of a Kekunan. Perhaps it is time for him to go before Eywa

Mother: I don't see any problem with that, dear. For me, he is more than ready.

Father: So be it.

Tsylan's point of view

Painted white in intricate but no doubt symbolic patterns by Twilo, I walked toward the Tsahik, toward the place of worship, a little outside the village. Following tradition, I had to swallow a glow worm, entrusted by the Tsahik, and have my neck pricked by the arachnoid, brought by the chief. I gritted my teeth at the excruciating pain, my vision blurring more and more as my limbs failed me, before a familiar blackness obscured my vision.

When I awoke, I found myself in the forest. Before me sat a Nantang staring at me. As if he was waiting for something from me. I stared at him curiously, wondering what he was waiting for.

Suddenly, he stood up and started running towards a Voice Tree shrine. Curious, I started to follow him. Strangely enough, the shrine was over a river, where I could see my reflection. Then a voice cut me off from my observation.

Voice: Who are you?

I turned my gaze to see a young woman watching me with a strangely familiar look. Full of determination, as if waiting for an answer from me. The long braided hair, the familiar sound of those singing stones similar to the one haunting my mind for years. As a youngster, I couldn't help but marvel at her well-defined nose and lips. She was, in my eyes, like a beautiful blue flower shaped by Eywa. A leafy necklace adorned her chest accompanied by a more curved one of dark green color, giving her a more warlike look. At her neck with a green singing stone necklace, with a dagger tucked into its scabbard at her left flank. A light green loincloth finishing the ensemble, with another beaded accessory on her leg on the same side as the dagger . Also, a darker sound, reached my ears, giving me a sense of sorrow, coming from the singing stones. She had simple round earrings with red and yellow decoration on the back of her left ear. However, what froze me was the necklace around her neck. A sky blue flower, whose core was divided by half a yellow circle and the other, a darker sky. Showing the connection between this symbol and her.