Chapter 21: Hammerhead

Hi! Here is the continuation with two chapters talking about the beginning of Delane and Jake's learning. The dialogue between Sylwanin and Tsu'tey is inspired by Tsu'tey Path, of which you can see an extract above. Feel free to vote, if you liked it, or to comment.

Lutsey's point of view

I accompanied Jake to a corner so that they could change, while the other members of the tribe went up to the second floor for the meal to celebrate the new member, symbol of the alliance with the Kekunan. And seeing this, only made me more frustrated with the situation. On top of that, adding the gurgling of my stomach, showing my appetite. And I'm stuck with this sky demon...

Jake: Are we hungry?

I stared at him coldly, my tail showing my waning patience.

Me: Yes. And you better hurry up.

I saw him start to undress, revealing his torso and I turned my back, to give him privacy.

Jake: Why is that?

Me: I doubt you want to know.

Jake: Always try.

It annoyed me with such provocation. But at the same time, I was strangely amused.

Me: It would be a shame, to have a sky demon on the spit.

Jake: I doubt I'll be very tasty.

I couldn't help but smile a little at this rather direct and sarcastic retort.

Me: You're right. My stomach might not like it. Are you finally done?

Jake: Yes. I guess so.

I turned my gaze, to inspect in more detail. A makeshift loincloth with pink thread, just barely holding it together. I motioned for him to turn around, before adjusting the loincloth and tightening it, so it wouldn't fall off.

Once that was done, I motioned for him to follow me, going upstairs to the upper floor where I could already hear the festive music and singing. I couldn't wait to find out if I had a niece or a nephew. At least, I hoped so. If not, it would be tomorrow.

Delane's point of view

When I arrived, I could see the silence dominating when I came. And from what I could see, I seemed to be interrupting a party. Trying to ignore the glances towards me, I took care to go and join my tutor. Silently, I watched my steps, so as not to step on a straggling tail. They could roll up their damn tails, at least! The latter positioned himself next to the chief, ignoring me. He just served me, without looking at me. Nice, hammerhead, and you'll have to get used to having so little clothing. A leaf collar and only a loincloth, it's not the best comfort level. At least, it will facilitate my movements. It was already that.