Chapter 32: Love night

Hi! Here is the continuation with a focus on Tsu'tey, where he meets his future mother-in-law. If you like it, don't hesitate to vote or to comment.

Tsu'tey's point of view

After the fight with Lutsey, I needed to change my mind. While walking from the forest, I was thinking about Sylwanin's words. Should I give up my future and embrace happiness, as my beloved was talking about? Knowing that she was not angry with me for having feelings for Delane, made my heart feel good. Still, I couldn't deny my duty to the tribe. Did I have the right to be so selfish, when the clan was counting on me? Maybe if I talked to Mo'at and Eytukan... Maybe they would accept Delane as a future Tsahik?

Suddenly, a detail disturbed me. The forest was quiet. Much too quiet. I looked around carefully, sniffing to see what was wrong.

Suddenly, I heard an arrow whistle, and then I heard one stick to the tree next to me. I watched the feathers, colored by the night sky. Within inches, it would end up in my head. Where was the shooter?

I observed movement in the grass, drawing my attention. Discreetly, I drew my bow and cocked it, approaching carefully. I was careful not to make any noise. When I finally arrived at the place, I found Delane facing a dreamy walker. This one had long hair, tied in a ponytail. Dressed only with the minimum to have the maximum of clothing, that is to say only a fabric covering my breasts as well as possible, with a short pants being used to me as stocking, with a sheath where was the dagger at the origin, in the left side. That to guarantee a maximum of discretion and movements On the ground, a bow with arrows of a deep dark blue. Both facing each other, their blades out. I was cocking my bow when the warrior did something I wasn't expecting. The young woman put her weapon down, raising her hands. Why was she doing that?

Delane: Mère...C'est moi. Votre fille.

I couldn't understand what she was saying, but it clearly calmed her down. She put her gun away, staring at her with shock.

Dreamwalker: Delane? Tu..Tu es en vie? Que...Comment?

Delane:Je l'ignore, Mère. Mais il semblerait que j'ai été transféré définitivement dans mon avatar.

I wish I knew what she was talking about. I've never heard of this language before. Then the woman cried and took the young woman in her arms.

Dreamwalker: Oh Delane! Ma petite fille...Tu es en vie! Je pensais t'avoir perdu à cause de cette garce de chatte bleue!

Delane: Tout va bien, Mère

From what I could see, she and Delane seemed to be very close. A family member? A mother? A sister? Suddenly, the woman stopped crying, and put Delane behind her, before drawing her blade. In a rather familiar expression, resembling in every way the young woman. This reinforced my idea that she was a member of her family. So I decided to be diplomatic and walk out, one hand raised to show a sign of peace

Woman gritting her teeth: You! I should kill you, as punishment for what your mother tried to...

Delane: Calmes toi, maman

She put a hand on her left arm, to hold her back.

Me: What are you talking about, Delane?

Delane: I'm trying to save your life, Tsu'tey.

I widened my eyes and ears, realizing that I had just revealed myself to a potential adversary.

Delane: Maman, tu ne vas pas tuer mon petit ami, quand même?

The woman's eyes widened in shock and she turned to her. I didn't know what Delane had said to her, but it was big enough to make her lose focus on me. And so I took the opportunity to step forward discreetly.