Chapter 28: Back to Home

Here is the continuation, with the meeting with Misoka and the return home of a traveler. Above, a picture of the new dreamwalker, in his clan outfit (for the moment in the alternative universe).

Point of view of Tsylan

When I woke up, I found myself on a cliff, the village of the Kekunans below, as if inviting me to return. Yet, something prevented me. What was it?

Reiyi...Kadon...such familiar names in my mind. I was desperately trying to forget my human life. Not wanting to remember what I once was, not wanting anything to do with such a destructive people.

"It is part of you though."

A tawtute finally revealed herself, emerging from the cave. The woman was dark-skinned, watching me with bright green eyes seemingly full of reproach. Her long black hair, covering her upper back. She also had strange clothes. A kind of dark cloak, covering her whole body, but I could discern a slender and athletic figure. On her forehead, I could see the symbol that me and Delane were wearing, showing her connection to the Thalyen family.

Me: Who are you?

Woman: What am I? You know very well, Ben.

Me: I am not Ben.

Woman: Stop lying to yourself.

I stared at him, annoyed. But the one remained inflexible, watching me with her eyes full of reproach. Then another voice came to us, another woman's voice.

Voice: You can't forget who you are, Ben. We are part of you, as much as Neytiri.

I turned toward her to see another tawtute also emerging from the darkness. She had a kind of red garment, covering her whole body. The whole thing gave her a certain beauty to her figure. The eyes slightly smaller than the first, with a lighter skin, observing me with the same look as the other. The black hair in a bun, I could clearly see her face with a fatal beauty.

Me: And who are you?

Woman 2: Your heart knows

I rolled my eyes. Obviously, she couldn't answer clearly.

Voice: You promised to always be there for me.

I turned my gaze to see a tawtute resembling Delane coming out of the cave. She had slightly darker skin than the first woman. She had hair of a color similar to fire, with icy blue eyes. She was wearing a white outfit, similar to Augustine in my memory. It must have shown that she was a scholar and I could see a kind of light blue top found and dark gray pants. And her silhouette looking a bit, like the first woman. Are they related?

Woman 3: Are you really asking yourself that question?

With that, she showed her right arm and I saw the symbol I was wearing and also the human in the omatikaya. As well as the strange first woman.

Me: What do you want?

The three starting to walk towards my direction.

Woman 1: Deny what you are...

Woman 2: Don't take back what you have done...

Delane: Then accept yourself

The three of them coming to my level, still observing me with their anguished neutralities.

Three women: You won't be able to move forward if you refuse to accept yourself

I was backing away, trying to escape their shadows that seemed to take up more and more space.