Chapter 12

"Oh my gosh, this is so exciting, I've never seen a live magazine photoshoot before!" Sierra gushed as she cupped her hands together. "I just wish Codykins would be here too..."

Heather rolled her eyes as she blocked out the majority of words Sierra was saying. Her previous secretary Lindsay was a total airhead and her current one couldn't last five minutes without mentioning Cody's name. Whatever. As long as she does her job right.

They had just arrived at the photoshoot location for Illuminate's Red Velvet jewellery collection. Heather swiftly pushed the door open and marched inside, with Sierra closely following after her.

Alejandro was already standing inside and he seemed to be chatting and laughing along with the photographer and makeup crew.

"Heather, you're early! I thought you wouldn't be arriving until later this afternoon," the photographer commented once he saw Heather.

"Well, yes, I'm here to make sure he doesn't mess things up," Heather replied, as she put her hands on her hips and turned to look at Alejandro.

"Oh, you need not worry chica, I was born for this," Alejandro smirked.

"Shouldn't this be, like, illegal or something? I mean, you're our business competitor, what does it look like if you're featured in a photoshoot for our products?" Heather remarked as she rolled her eyes and folded her arms.

"As I said, I'm here today in my capacity as Alejandro, the eligible bachelor and soon to be model, not Alejandro, Co-Chief Operating Officer of my father's company," Alejandro smoothly answered as he winked at Heather. Heather scoffed as she felt her cheeks flushing red.

Just then, the door swung open and in walked a woman; she had long, curly, voluminous dark brown hair, and a perfectly tanned body.

"Ah, there's our model, you look great, Anne Maria," the photographer smiled. "Alejandro, this is Anne Maria, she'll be modelling in Illuminate's jewellery products. Anne Maria, this is Alejandro, he'll be in the photoshoot with you."

"Oh, hi there hot stuff," Anne Maria immediately gushed at Alejandro.

"Pleasure to be working with you on this photoshoot, Anne Maria," Alejandro replied, a polite smile on his face.

Anne Maria giggled. She couldn't take her eyes off Alejandro and started batting her eyelashes at him.

Heather felt a sudden rush of blood to her head at the sight in front of her. Who did this Anne Maria person think she was?

Before she could say anything, the door opened again and this time Nathan walked in.

"Looks like I'm late to the party," Nathan sarcastically remarked as he looked around the room and then glared at Alejandro. Alejandro glared back at him.

"Nathan? I didn't know you were going to come." Heather was surprised to see him here.

"Well, I had a bit of free time today so thought I'd drop by. We both know that this is an important photoshoot for Illuminate," Nathan replied, as he turned to smile at Heather.

"Alright, looks like everyone's here so we'll get started," the photographer announced. "We'll be doing three different shoots, each with a different theme. Anne Maria and Alejandro, the make-up team will take you both to your respective dressing rooms to get you ready for the first shoot."

***

Heather stood with her arms folded and lips pursed as she watched Anne Maria and Alejandro pose for the first shoot. Anne Maria had one hand on Alejandro's shoulder and both of them were smiling towards the camera.