Chapter V

Connection 

It didn't take long until Harkness and Slipknot tried to escape

It didn't take long until Harkness and Slipknot tried to escape. But Harkness got caught by Katana and tried to flirt with her, of all things. But Slipknot lost his head. He was currently hanging from a building with no head. "Now that's a killer app!" Harley said as she looked up at headless Slipknot. I chuckled at her comment and crossed my arms. "Okay, you wanna keep playing the Hollywood Squares version of "I'll Blow your freaking Head Off"? Are you next?" Rick spoke in all seriousness and asked Diablo if he was next. "You tripping, homie." Diablo said back and then Rick stepped up to Floyd. "You next, Deadshot?" Rick asked him. I watched as Floyd approached Rick and tilt his head a little. "You just threatened me?" Floyd asked, making Rick smirk. "Oh, yeah." "He just threatened me." Floyd walked away, pointing at Rick. "Move." Rick then said and we continued walking towards our destination. I jogged up to Rick and he looked at me once I reached his side. "What are you doing, Mikaelson?" He asked, trying not to show how he cares. 

I chuckled and smirked. "You intrigue me, Rick." He scoffed and looked down at me. "In what way?" He asks back making me shrug. "You can feel our connection as well, can't you?" I stated, but I ended with a question. He looked at me unsurely but nodded carefully. I sighed and smiled. "That has never happened to anyone before." I stated, knowing that Rick will want to know more about it. "What do you mean?" And I was right. "Well, every supernatural that has had a human mate noticed that the human never felt the connection until they too became supernatural. Only the supernatural can feel it." I said, revealing that we are mates. "Wait, we're mates? Like those things you read in werewolf stories? And I shouldn't actually be feeling the connection at all?" I hummed with a nod, telling him that he was right. "I guess our connection is just that strong that not even the boundaries between supernatural and human can keep us apart." I said, looking up at him with hope in my eyes. Hoping that he will accept it and let me love him the way a mate should love their significant other. 

But all he did was take a deep breath, nod, and continue to walk down the streets. I sighed in disappointment but I guess he needed time to think it over. I would've needed some time too if I was him and in his situation. "I'm on my way." Rick said and jogged away, making me go after him with worry. But Floyd stopped me from going up to him and Rick's Army friends. Floyd, Harley, Harkness and I were standing behind a car a bit further back than the Army men. Harley was slighting leaning on Floyd and me when Harkness spoke up. "Hey. I like these odds, mate. You just say the word." I knew what he was talking about, because he had approached me earlier on and told me his plan to escape with the others. Now I could just leave if I wanted to and nobody could stop me, but I decided to stick around because of Rick. I couldn't leave him, not after I found out he is my mate. So I said I wasn't in on it. "Yeah. Hold that thought." Floyd said back to us villains and approached Rick and his friend. I decided to just stay back and keep an eye out for any dangers. 

And just a minute later, the shooting started. Everyone was shooting at the hostiles that were  running at us. I sighed and ran up to Rick, wanting to protect him the best way I could. I ran up front, jumped over a car and started ripping the heads off the hostiles. And when I tell you they were gross looking, I mean it. Their faces were all black and had these huge bubbles in them and they moved weirdly. They were also dressed like Army, which probably means that they were Army before this. I used all my powers for this and I was absolutely tearing through them. But suddenly a lot of them came for me and I couldn't manage to stop them all at once. "Get off me, you shitheads!" I yelled out, trying to fight them. But it was no use. I was being overpowered. "Lydia!" I heard Rick yell out. Suddenly, Harley, Rick's Army friend and Rick were all fighting the things off. When the last one was gone, Rick helped me up as Harley and the other guy went back to fighting. Rick looked me up and down with panicked eyes, trying to see if I was hurt. 

His hands were on my cheeks as he did so, making me smile with adoration in my eyes. "Are you all right? Did they hurt you?" My smile grew wider and I placed my hands on his, that were still on my cheeks. "Rick." He finally met my eyes and I saw him calm down slightly. "I'm all right. Thank you. Now let's finish this." I said, reassuring him and he nodded. We then went back to fighting. A few seconds later, Floyd was standing on top of an abandoned police car, shooting every hostile and killing them all. He then approached Rick and spoke. "That's how I cut and run." I huffed and smirked at his comment. Then Rick approached me again. "How are you?" I chuckled and smiled up at him. "Rick, I'm fine. I promise." He nodded and I crossed my arms. "You know..." Rick began, trailing slightly off before starting again. "All I could think about during the fight was 'Stay alive. Stay alive for Lydia.' I couldn't think of anything else. Why do I feel like this? You're a criminal. I shouldn't feel like this. I'm a soldier and you're the complete opposite." I smiled and approached him. 

I grabbed his hands in mine and I could feel the sparks between us. "All I've told you is true, Rick. We are mates. We have a connection. And the fact that you feel it too just means that it really is meant to be. I've waited over a 1000 years to find my mate and I finally found him. I'm not going to lose you now that I finally have you within my grasp." Rick smiled and nodded. "I just need a little more time to think more." He said, making me sigh, release my grip on his hands and back away nodding. "I get it." 

A/N: FINALLY!!! HERE IT IS!!! I've finally posted part 5. I didn't get to post it as fast as I wanted to, but that's because I've been busy with practice at school. We have a performance coming up, next Wednesday, and I've had to practice like hell these past few days. Thank you for being patient and I'll try and get part 6 out as soon as I can. Thank you all <3<3