Chapter XII

Chato 

I snapped out of the vision and took a deep breath

I snapped out of the vision and took a deep breath. I killed Mikael. I killed my father. I was smiling to myself when Chato suddenly stepped in front of Rick, Floyd and I. "It's not real." I know it isn't but just the thought of it made me happy. "I killed the Bat." Floyd said, referring to the one and only Batman. "No homie, you don't want that." Chato said back, making me cross my arms. I do actually want that. I would love nothing more than to rip his cold heart out of his chest. "What? I want that." Harley responded, still sort of in her own world. "She's trying to play games with you, man. It's not real!" I looked up at Rick and saw that he was kind of out of it. I'll have to ask him what he saw earlier. "He's right. It's not real." Rick suddenly said. We then went out of our hiding spot, Chato going in front of us all. "How long have you been able to see?" Enchantress asked Chato, knowing he probably broke out of his vision quickly or something. "My whole life!" He yelled back at her. 

Then he looked back at us and then back at the witch. "You can't have them. These are my people right here." I agree with his words. These people are family now, no one can take them away from me. "But it is our time. The sun is setting and the magic rises. The meta humans are a sign of change." Enchantress spoke. God, I wanna punch her. "Lady, you are evil!" Floyd yelled out, making me chuckle and smirk. The witch didn't like his words, making her turn to her brother and speak to him. But I understood it. It was an ancient language called Moonspeak. The reason why I knew it is because my mother made me learn it when she realized that I was a witch. Because the language is an ancient language amongst the witches. "Brother, make them bow to me!" "Here he comes, guys!" I said to my team. Footsteps echoed through the place and I turned my head to where they were coming from. Damn, he was big. "Who's this?" Digger asked as he looked at Enchantress' brother. "It's gonna be bad!" Rick yelled out as he put his gun up and aimed at the brother. "We should run." Floyd said back, putting his hands up, ready to fight. 

Suddenly the brother shot something from his hands. Everyone ducked, but I just went to the side to avoid being hit. I grabbed Rick and Floyd and used my speed to get us behind a statue that was standing here. Chato also came up to us. The brother hit again and hit the edge of the statue we were hiding behind. I turned away to avoid getting rocks in my face. "GQ, come in. We're in position." Rick said into his comms, trying to reach the SEALs. As the big guy was busy, Rick explained the plan to us three. "We gotta get him in that corner. That's where the bomb will be." "I'll do it! I'll get him there." Chato said back as I watched Katana cut off the big guy's hand. But a new one grew back, making me sigh. The only way to kill him is through that bomb. Chato getting him into that corner was going to be a suicide mission. I turned to him and placed my hand on his shoulder. He turned and looked at me. "Chato. It'll be a suicide mission. It'll kill you." He just shook his head and embraced me in a hug. I hugged him back. 

And when he pulled away a few seconds later he looked at Floyd, Rick and I. "I lost one family. I ain't gonna lose another one." "Think it through!" Floyd yelled, being on the same side I am. "I got this. Let me show you what I really am." Chato claimed, making me nod. I smiled at him. "Good luck, dear friend." I said to him and then he walked off. "Over here!" He yelled before blasting the big guy with his fire. But suddenly he kicked Chato, sending him flying backwards. I pissed me off and I walked towards the big guy. So did Floyd, Harley and Digger. Floyd shot at the big guy, but got kicked back. Harley and Digger got hit and fell back as well. Then he went for me. I jumped and punched him in his face. He stumbled back and then I started hitting him from all the directions. Suddenly I heard heavy footsteps behind me, making me look past the big guy in front of me and see a fiery skeleton that was huge. My only guess to who that was, is Chato. My thoughts were confirmed as the skeleton also spoke in Moonspeak. "It's on, bitch!" I sped out of the way just as Chato started attacking the other guy. I stood next to Rick with a big smile on my face. We might actually have a chance. 

But I wasn't expecting Chato to come out of this alive. Now all we had to do was wait for the SEALs to place the bomb. "Diablo, drive him into the corner!" Rick yelled out. Chato did exactly that and ripped off the metal armor covering the other guy's chest. He then slowly burned through its metal skin, making him breath out fire. But I could see Chato's fire slowly burning out. It was taking a lot for him to do this. Chato got tired, letting the other guy get the upper hand. Chato turned back to normal wile the other one had his hand wrapped around his neck. "Diablo, get clear! Get out of there!" Rick yelled again. "Blow it!" Chato yelled back, making my eyes widen. I looked at Rick and saw him looking at Floyd, asking him what to do, silently. "Blow it." Floyd said to him. Rick then looked at me and I gave him a nod. "Now GQ, now." Rick paused for a second before yelling out again. "Everybody down!" I grabbed Rick and Floyd and covered them both with myself, knowing I could heal and they can't. 

"Brother!" I heard the Enchantress scream out. And when I heard that it was safe, I let go of the two and we stood back up, seeing both Chato and the big guy gone. I let out a sad sigh. We all walked forward and looked down the whole to see if Chato had somehow saved himself. But there wasn't one sign of him. "You're next." Floyd said to the Enchantress as we started to walk towards her. "My spell is complete. Once you and your armies are gone, my darkness will spears across this world and it will be mine to rule." She turned her back to us and finished whatever she was doing. And as soon as she did, it started raining "You got a move here, Flag?" Floyd yelled out as I was getting more and more uncomfortable in my wet clothing. "We gotta cut her heart out." 

A/N: Finally another chapter posted! I am so sorry it took so long, practice at school has been a lot recently. I have to learn four dances, so it's a lot. And I haven't really had any motivation to write recently. But finally, I got some, so here it is, Chapter 12. Enjoy!