Chapter X

Bar Talk 

As soon as I entered the bar, I sat down next to Digger

As soon as I entered the bar, I sat down next to Digger. Everyone was already spread out across the room. Harley was behind the bar, KC was sitting in a corner, Katana was standing at the bar. Next to Digger, on his right side, sat Floyd, and two stools away from Floyd sat Diablo. "What do you want, sweetness?" Harley asked after she served Katana. "Bourbon. Neat." I said, making her nod and getting the drink I wanted. "Here's to honor among thieves." Floyd said as he wanted to cheers. "I'm not a thief." Katana said and went to sit down somewhere in a dark corner. "Oh, she's not a thief." Floyd said and clinked his shot glass with Harley's martini glass. I clinked my glass with Digger's beer can. I took a sip and after Floyd downed his shot, he spoke up. "Well, we almost pulled it off, despite what everybody thought. Worst part of it is, they're gonna blame us for the whole thing. And they can't have people knowing the truth. We're the patsies. The cover-up. Don't forget, we're the bad guys. And, uh, for about two sweet seconds, I had hope." Floyd finished his speech, making Chato scoff. 

I took another sip and listened to what he had to say. "You had hope, huh? Hope don't stop the wheel from turning, my brother." "You preaching?" Floyd asked back, not really sure what else to say. "It's coming back around for you." Chato started, ignoring Floyd's comment. "How many people you killed, man?" Chato then asked and I heard Floyd's heartbeat rise. He was getting annoyed, but he was also shocked at the question. I would've answered the question right away, because I remember them all. I remember every scream, every eyes that grew emotionless as I killed them. As I drained them of their blood. But I never let it get to me. I've done horrible things, but so have everyone else. But I own it and I don't let the things I've done bring me down. "You don't ask nobody no question like that, ese." Floyd said, but Chato kept going. "You ain't ever whacked down no women. No kids." There was a second of silence before Floyd spoke up. "I don't kill women or children." "I do." Chato quickly replied. I do as well. Well, I did do it before. That was when I flipped the switch on my emotions and killed an entire village. 

I flipped the switch back then because Klaus said something that really hurt me back then. But after I flipped the switch back on, we made up and our bond grew stronger than before. I'm glad it did, if I'm being honest. "See, I was born with the Devil's gift. I kept it hidden most of my life, but the older I got, the stronger I got. So I started using it for business, you know. The more power I got on the street, the more firepower I got. Like that shit went hand in hand, you know. One was feeding the other. Ain't nobody tell me no. Except my old lady. You know, she used to pray for me. Even when I didn't want it." He put his hand up and a small lady made of fire appeared in his palm and started dancing. "God didn't give me this. Why should He take it away?" He paused a little and watched the lady dance. "See when I get mad, I lose control, you know, I just... I don't know what I do..." He paused a little and put his empty water glass over the dancing flame. "...'till it's done." The flame started to panic but eventually died down. I felt a tear roll down my eye, making me wipe it away quickly. 

His story was really sad and emotional. I've killed women and children, but never someone that close to me. I understand his pain seeing as Kol, Finn and Henrik were all taking away from me. But I didn't do it myself. I feel really bad for him. "And the kids?" Digger asked, knowing he killed his lady, but he didn't mention what happened to his children. But I'm guessing they died too. "He killed them." Harley said as she looked at Digger. Then she turned back to Chato. "Didn't you?" I looked down at Chato to see him on the verge of tears. He felt bad for what he did. "Own that shit. Own it! What'd you think was gonna happen, huh?" I looked at Harley with a shocked expression. "Harley, love, don't." I said to her, making her scoff. "What you were just thinking you can have a happy family and coach little leagues and make car payments? Normal's a setting on the dryer. People like us, we don't get normal!" Harley said as she was looking at Chato. Then Digger spoke out. "Why is it always a knife fight every single time you open your mouth? Outside you're amazing. But inside, you're ugly." I scoffed and downed the rest of my drink. 

This was getting a bit out of hand, if I'm being honest. "We all are. We all are!" Harley said back and then she looked at KC. "Except for him. He's ugly on the outside, too." KC growled back, making me chuckle quietly. "Not me, shorty." He then took of the hood he was wearing. "I'm beautiful." KC finished, making me smile. I'm glad that he has that confidence even though people constantly try and push him down for who he is. "Yeah, you are." Harley said back seductively and with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and chuckled. Suddenly the door opened and Rick walked in. He approached me first and leaned down and pecked my lips before walked over to Floyd and sat down next to him. "We don't want you here." Harley said, speaking for everyone but me. I love having him here. Rick looked around at us and a little longer on me. I gave him a small smile and a nod, encouraging him to tell them. "You get to the part in that binder saying that she was my best friend?" Floyd nodded at Rick's question. "Yeah. Never been friends with a witch before. What's that like?" Floyd asked making me look at him. "Hey!" I said, acting hurt. 

Floyd looked at me and just shrugged. Then Floyd spoke up. "And I also read that apparently the witch is afraid of our own witch." My eyes went wide as they all turned to me. "It's apparently why they're trying to kidnap Lydia all the time." Then I spoke up. "What? She is afraid of me?" I asked, making both Floyd and Rick nod at me. I looked at Harley. "Harley. Another drink, please." I asked, making her nod. She grabbed my glass and filled it with Bourbon. She handed me back the glass and I immediately took a sip. To know that the witch is afraid of me, is just amazing. I had power she didn't. "The first person that accepted me and actually became my friend is trapped inside that monster. If I don't stop the witch, it's over. Everything is over. Everything." Suddenly Rick took off the small monitor he had off of his arm. He then snapped it in two. I was unaffected and took another sip of my drink. "You're free to go." Rick said and Harley quickly turned to the mirror behind the bar and checked the nanite in her neck. Digger took his stuff and left, but the others didn't move. 

Rick then took out something of his bag and placed it in front of Floyd. "Your daughter writes you everyday. Every single day." I saw a smile make its way onto Floyd's face. He picked up one of the letters and looked at it. Rick then picked up his things and was about to leave, but Floyd quickly got up and stopped him in his tracks. "You had these the whole time? You had letter from my daughter the whole time?" Floyd asked and paused a little. "I'm gonna get you there. And you're gonna end this. I'm gonna carry your ass if I have too. 'Cause this shit is gonna be like a chapter in the Bible. Everybody's gonna know what we did. And my daughter is gonna know that her daddy is not a piece of shit." Floyd then walked out of the building, taking the letters with him. I downed my drink and walked up to Rick. I pecked his lips and smiled at him. "Let's go get your friend back." I said to him, making him nod. I took his hand in mine and we walked out of the bar and back out on the street. Time to kick ass. 

A/N: Hey guysss!!! I really wanted to post yesterday, but after I got home from school yesterday I came down with a massive headache and I was laying flat out in my bed, suffering. I hate headaches. But I'm posting this now, so I'm glad about it. Hope you enjoyed the chapter, love you all <3