Chapter 1

As I woke up Hanzo was standing over me looking concerned and I jolted up and bowed saying "Master" he looked at me and said "Your training is complete grab your equipment you must go now!" I was going To ask why but I knew better than to question it so I hurried to the armory and put on my armour which looks almost identical to Hanzos the difference is mine only has a mask no hood my weapons consisted of a sword,five throwing knives,and a spear,(official name of scorpions chain and spear head)and limited use of powers that the demon Scorpion had. As I finished putting on my equipment some of my friends ran in badly wounded kneeling I asked "What's happening?" One replied scared"DEMONS YOU MUST LEAVE NOW!" Sadly we all knew they wouldn't make it so I gave them all a farewell and my promise of avenging them. When I left Hanzos caught up and we went running together killing a few demons on the way once we made it out of the village Sub-Zero and some other Lin Kuei members one I noticed was Frost who I wasn't exactly friends with. Anyways after Hanzos explained the demons coming out of a portal and started catching things on fire Hanzo told me to get to the sky temple while he and the others try save the village. As I continued on my journey to the sky temple I ran into an army of bat demons I pulled my sword and shot a fire balls at them then one lunged at me cutting deep into my arm and my arm felt like it was on fire I thought 'Damn they must have poisoned claws' I continued to try to fight them off but exhausted and badly injured I failed and fell to my knees then collapsed in pain then a familiar voice rang out through all of the demon bats shrieking I recognized it as Takeda then I heard more voices I recognized three who were child hood friends Cassie Cage,Jacqui Briggs,and Kung Jin I heard the voices close in on me then silence. When I woke up I noticed I was in the sky temple some how but I looked over and saw Takeda and said "Hey buddy long time no see." He looked towards me and said "Yeah and I got dressed up for my visit to and my welcome gift was you hundreds of miles from home slowly dying at the hands of demon bats!" I looked at him and said sarcastically "Nice to see you is what you're supposed to say but how did I get here?" Takeda replied "Well you were beyond the care of a trained doctor so we contacted Raiden to teleport you here while the team and i go check on our clan but the clan is safe the demons are dead and the village was saved." I looked around then sat up and asked "Where's everyone else?" Takeda helped me to my feet and said "Follow me" as I followed him through the temple he caught me up on the recent events when we got to the court yard I saw Cassie abd the others when they saw me they ran up to me and hugged me at once and I said in pain "Ouch! Hey my back is still sore!" They let go and apologized I told them it was fine as I looked around more I noticed Kenshi,Johny,Sonya,Jax,Raiden,and Scorpion they all came to me and were saying "Were sorry James" I looked at them confused and then they said "Takeda didn't tell you did he?" I looked at them and said "Tell me what?" Raiden approached me abd placed his hand on my shoulder and said "James many people were lost in the attack and some of them was your entire family.." Raiden looking down backed away and when the shock hit me my friends were at my side telling me it would be okay I looked at them and said "thank you for the comfort." Looking down I felt the hot tears rolling down my face.