Chapter 13

Me and Ghost became good friends on our journey but sadly the specters hid Toby and Alice and won't bring them out until I give up but sadly for them their my kids I won't give up but me and Ghost stopped in a cave thankfully it had a small hot spring in it but badly it was in a one chamber cave so yea but it had been 2 months ago I started this search but the specters keep moving the kids so its hard to find them and when we do they get moved. When nightfall started I went back to the hot spring and before I got in I said "Ghost don't turn around" he replied simply "ok don't worry I'm not an asshole" with that said I slept into its warm water which felt great with the fact that it's the middle of the winter...... I had been sitting in the springs for awhile when I heard a hiss I looked at the mouth of the cave to see Reptile standing there I felt so embarrassed being the way I was in front if the guy who put me in prison but luckily Ghost noticed him be for me and was blocking his line of sight so I took advantage of that and sunk lower in the water then went under when I came out of the water a little Reptile spit acid on Ghost mask which burned through the mask causing Ghost to throw it off then put a hood on so I couldn't see his face when reptile saw his face he was going to say his real name but Ghost grabbed Reptiles face and lifted him with one hand and I could see the flames start coming from Ghosts hand then he threw Reptile through a portal then he looked around for his mask he couldn't find it when I looked around I saw it halfway in the water I said "Hey it's over here" he started to turn his head then when he saw me he jerked his head back saying "so sorry I'm really sorry" when I heard his voice I said "Your voice it sounds familiar " he made portal under his mask but before it fell through I grabbed it looking at it were the acid hit the mask didn't have a hole it was perfectly fine he then opened a portal I could see through the only thing I saw was under an eye the raw flesh with small burn marks then the portal closed and he said "My mask only protects me from objects only the one scenario I didn't take into consideration when I found out what it did" I flipped it over and looked on the inside it was pure black Luke the front the only weird thing was when I put it on small glass disks filled the eye holes enhancing my sight but there were some scratches on the left piece that looked like a L surrounded by a heart when I took it off I put it in the ground and slid to Ghost then pulled myself out of water then dried off then put my gear on but when I went to sleep it took awhile because more than ever I wanted to see what Ghost looked like Ghost took first watch. When Ghost woke me up I felt stiff from the stone floor but got up and walked over to the fire after a few hours I became curious again and while he slept I crept towards him then slowly took his mask off revealing the face of my husband James the man who should be dead.