Chapter 10

~Lara pov~
As Sub-Zero froze my feet and revealed the official evidence of James' crimes then I heard Sub say "yes" to something then faintly I heard James say "bye" then drive the sword through his heart I saw a single and final tear go down his face before he was consumed by flames Sub-Zero then turned to me and said "Lara I'm sorry for what just happened and that they had to be exposed to this so I'm going to let what he did die with him" he unfroze me then left I went to the pile of ashes that were once my husband I collected his remains but while doing so I found two badly burned things his ring and one spear head Nisa walked over to me with the kids and we all sat their crying when we finished for the time I finished collecting his ashes then I grabbed his ring and put it on and turned his spear into a necklace and grabbed two things from his drawers both kunia necklaces one had the letter T on it the other had an A and I gave them to the kids then I put on the spear necklace Toby asked "what are these?" I told him "Your dad had them made for you two once you were born" they both put them on and started crying more I hugged them then we all left heading to the village to tell them what happened in only one day. At the funeral Hanzo wanted to say something what he said was "James... you managed to die three times and attend your funeral twice I want to know where are you this time" everyone talked about James a bit strangely I felt like I was being watched by someone but when I looked around no one whas looking at me gramps had came over to me and was crying a bit he hugged me and said "Don't worry after this I don't plan on going for awhile" I hugged him back and said "Thanks" then Hanzo came over to me and looked closely at me I asked "What is it?" He looked at my face then back near my neck and said "I thought I saw a chain around your neck" I said "There is" he looked at me confused so I pulled out the spear necklace he gestured to it questionably so I answered it with "One of the two things that survived the flames" he said said "So that's his spear" I nodded he then asked "What was the other?" I showed him the new ring no longer able to tell what it once had on it the ring being burned black after awhile I couldn't take the sadness so I asked Hanzo and gramps to watch Toby and Alice while I left to be alone I went to the place where he proposed at looking across its beautiful surface and remembering that day only worsened my grief so I started to run back out then after what felt like hours of running I felt a hand on my chest flat gentle but firm I looked up to see a man with pitch black hair a mask wearing all black including a cloak also black with pieces of carbon black steel covering it he then said "Your husband was a good person he had a good life he had to deal with death three times if you knew what that feels like you wouldn't be as sad as you are now" and before I could ask a question he then pointed down we were on the edge of a cliff then I looked him in the eyes and when I looked into them I saw a pair of brown eyes filled with sorrow then he whispered "bye" and with that he erupted in flames surprisingly it didn't burn me but left ashes in the shape of his hand on my chest on my way back I stopped by the house grabbed a spare set of James' gear I put it on though it was a bit big on me so I had to readjust it all but I felt comforted by wearing it then on my way back to the funeral I summoned a fireball I stared into it and made a vow that in his gear I will protect our kids and discover who that man was.