Chapter 6

I woke up yelling in pain as a long sharp pain ripped through my mind and memories tore across my vision the most recent one was of my second funeral once it stopped I felt Lara's soft gentle hands touch my arm she asked me if I was okay after I managed to convince her I was fine I kissed her and she went back to sleep I started having these pains after I was brought back for the second time at first they were weak and short but know there powerful and long then after I quit sweating I drank some water then went back to sleep. When I woke up Lara was standing on the balcony looking across the monastery garden watching the sun rise I got up quietly and snuck up behind her and grabbed her around the waist and said "What would you have done if I was going to kill you?" She gave me a sly look and pulled a big ass knife out of her nightgown and held it to my throat and said "Same thing you would have done" she smiled and hid the knife again and I looked at her with wide eyes and asked "How the fuck did you hide that damn thing?" She smiled and dismissed my question but then she said "I want us to go to Raiden" I looked at her and asked her "why" she replied simply "Because of your 'moments' I don't want you to die for a third time." After we talked over it we decided we would go to Raiden when we found Hanzo to let him know we saw Frost with him Frost walked over and started crying and asking for forgiveness we got her to stop and told her it was fine but that had happened about two months ago just like when me and Lara started going out after we talked to Hanzo we were leaving unarmed and in our normal clothes we weren't even out the door before Frost asked if she could be our escort to the sky temple we agreed and left when we reached the temple Frost departed and we walked up to the courtyard as we entered the courtyard we were greeted by Cassie and she wouldn't shut up about how cute of a couple me and Lara were then before we were half way across it happened and I fell to my knees yelling in pain Lara called over Takeda and Kenshi to try there luck with my mind while she had Cassie go get Raiden but when Takeda and Kenshj tried accessing my head they both got a run for there money and they to fell to the ground in pain then suddenly the pain became insane and I felt something inside me snap and I same a strong red light pulse from me then I erupted into flames and I couldn't help it I started attacking everyone but when I went after Lara I kept trying to punch her but I couldn't do it then I felt the pain fade and the glow dispersed and I calmed then I collapsed Lara went to my side and then I looked around Kenshi and Takeda both were covered in blood and I saw the fear in their faces as they stood I looked away and then I felt someone hit the back of my head then I heard Lara yelling something at someone then everything went black and I thought to myself 'is this the third time I have died?' When I came to I was in a bed with Lara laying next to me and Raiden sitting in a chair next to me he said "You are should be fine now its a good thing you were here and not where you could have hurt more people." I looked away and said "Yeah but I hurt some of the people who have been like family to me" then I asked "Who knocked me out?" Then I heard a female voice I recognized and turned my head to my other side and saw Sonya Blade she had a few bruises and a broken nose and I asked "Did I hurt you to?" She smiled and said "No she did" pointing at Lara she then said "You got your self a real fighter after I knocked you out she flipped" I sat up and turned back to Raiden and then before I could ask he said "You are no longer going to have those pains again James." I thanked him then I asked him a few questions and then I woke up Lara as he teleported us back to the clan. When we arrived I kissed Lara and led her through the woods to a waterfall and then through it to a hidden clearing of flowers with a few trees and a single river flowing through it all she starred across the field then I said "This place is a family secret your the first person outside the family to see this place and I'm am the last member of my family but I don't want it to end with me" Lara looked at me shocked and asked "James are you asking me t-to" I cut her off and said while lowering to one knee "Lara will you be my wife?" Then I pulled a small golden ring with a single perfect diamond in the middle out of my pocket Lara looked like she was going to cry as she said "Yes" and I slipped the wring on her finger. After about a month of planning we were married at the sky temple by Raiden then we went and had a honeymoon which we both enjoyed.