Chapter 19

________

'Really!!' Dosha thought inwardly trying her very best not to laugh.

She couldn't believe she was reading something that should be said with the human voice in her head. He wrote his emotions in it, in the script she was holding between her fingers. She didn't expect that, she thought it could be said in beautiful words but it was the opposite; she was reading it in a script and it wasn't directed entirely to her, but she understood. She wanted it in words so she could know what she felt in her to accept her true feelings.

She read it over and over, pretending to be digesting the words when infact, she wasn't. He was right there beside her, at a given distance, giving him side looks as she went to sit on the carpet and folded her legs.

"So, how is it?" Rashid sat opposite her, placing his hands on the table. She could perceive the sincerity that clouded the words he wrote, brought from deep within him.

She smiled, "It is good. But...."

"There are some errors? I knew it." He completed the sentence and answered it. What surprised and captured her was that he wrote it in her language, with all the energy in him, but errors were made, he couldn't master it in just days.

She nodded, raising the script and waved it in thin air, her eyes dancing in mirth. "Many," She dropped it back down, smoothening the paper. "Come, let me show you." She patted the space beside her and beckoned to him.

He wasn't expecting that, but gradually stood up to his full intimidating height and moved beside her, before crashing down, with a slight distance between them. She passed him a quick smile as she spread open another script. She picked an ink pot and a quill, dipped the tip in the ink and made the correction on the new script.

"Your writing is beautiful." He complimented seeing the way she wrote beautifully and with ease.

"Thank you. It took a lot of training before I got this writing right," She answered, continuing with her writing. 'I should be correcting it with words instead.'

"Kin faɗa abu ne? (You said something?) Rashid questioned like he could read her mind.

"A'a, ka ji wani abu? (No, did you hear something?)" Dosha raised an eyebrow.

"No, it felt like I heard something." He honestly replied.

'Mind reader!?' She thought stifling a laugh. "We are the only ones here, you heard nothing. But, sometimes you know, words means a lot than actions. And feelings are never to be toyed with." Her statement made him pause for a short amount of time before chuckling awkwardly, it sounded like a huff to her.

'She caught me!' As he expected from her. Dosha doesn't hide her feelings from people who are close to her. That is a very open side of her. The only one.

"I am done." She broke him out of his thoughts, waving the paper and blowing some air on the ink.

"Show me."

"Hmm," She placed the paper between them. "Here, you wrote, múì instead of (I), and here...." She continued explaining to him her corrections.

"Gyinshinna! (God!)" He laughed at his mistake. "Kuma na rubuta Ginshina!? (And I wrote Ginshina!?)"

She also laughed. "You have more to learn."

"I agree to that."

"Let's continue." He listened attentively to everything she corrected for him and was very glad that she did waiting for her to get to the last part of her writing. She finished and ignored the last part.