Chapter 1

"She is gone."

Those exact words was what was on everyone's lips. It had spread like wildfire, the whole kingdom had heard of it and for some strange reason, everyone was concerned except her father, who was less affected. He was not happy nor was he sad, just neutral.

"Your daughter is missing and you are doing nothing about it? Or are you....."

"I will like you to repeat your first words again." He cut her off standing as he menacingly marched towards her. She was taken aback and a little frightened, by this show of arrogance.

"I said your daughter......" She began to repeat but, was cut shut again.

"Jasrah, she is not my daughter." He was now towering over her yet, she stood her ground and showed no fear.

"She is your daughter, Jaagi." She gritted, clutching her veil tightly.

"I can't remember asking for your opinion on this matter." He barked, turning away from her.

"I am just saying we should go look for her, is that too much to ask?" She asked, walking behind him.

"Kina hankalin ki kuwa? (Are you in your right frame of mind?) That curse of a child is gone and you say we should go look for her?" He continued, all looking like a beast ready to eat his prey.

"But even if she is a curse, she is still my daughter. I carried her for nine months and gave birth to her. She has the tattoo, your tatoo on her neck Jaagi. Even though no one cares about her, she is still your blood. And yet you call her a curse?" She questioned, halting in her tracks behind him.

Time seemed to have stilled because the next thing he went on to do, was something she never thought he would. In shock, she closed her eyes waiting for the impact but nothing came. Everything paused, he did too. Peering them back open, her shocked form widened in fear. In her son's hand, was that of his father's clipped in a tight grip.

Jaagi let out a mad cackle, "Oh I see, you and your mother are ganging up against me." He stated.

"No we are not. But, is it proper to raise a hand to your wife?" Daran, his eldest child asked coldly never taking his eyes off his father's.

"Then I guess you should go on, hit me Daran! Because you are now grown into a man with beards and also married with a pregnant wife, you think you can talk to me anyhow? I am still your father and....."

"Please, stop with this okay? I am not here for your ending sarcasm and emotional blackmails. She is simply telling you the truth and all you could do is to raise your hand to her? " Daran said raising his voice.

"It's like I woke up on the wrong side or perhaps the world is coming to an end. You raising your voice at me? Why does everyone suddenly care about that curse? She killed almost everyone in this Kingdom and yet, you stand there talking back at me!?" He was surprised by the words Daran used on him.

"You are not making sense Jaagi, send your guards to go after her! How much do you hate her?" Jasrah interposed, shouting.

He smiled, peering into her eyes, "Hate?" The smile vanished the way it came. "Na san abin da zanyi (I know what to do)." He said shaking his head vigorously. "Bako!" He called his personal guard.

"Yes Saara (King)." He answered, with a nod.

"Block all entrances and exits of this palace, do not allow anyone in and out or else I will feed your corpse to the vultures. Am I clear?" He ordered.

"Yes my king." Bako replied, dismissing himself.

"And as for you all, I dare you to defy me. Then you will see the worse side of me." He stated, glaring daggers at them before exiting the room.