Chapter 13: A Spelldrive Fight

The situation in Savanclaw has escalated when Leona, the Housewarden of Savanclaw shows up. This really concerns the visiting group, especially Briar. She remembers meeting Leona a few times, and the encounters aren't very friendly. The look of his face doesn't seem very welcoming either.

Seeing their headmage, the first of the Savanaclaw student says, "Housewarden Leona!"

Then the second student says, "These students are trespassing on our territory!"

"Let's teach 'em a little lesson! Heh heh heh," The third student says with a chuckle.

Leona and Ruggie turn to see the group.

Ruggie recognizes them, "Ah, I believe we met earlier, at the cafeteria."

Seeing Ruggie, Grim is fuming, "Hey! It's the Grilled Cheeseburglar!"

Hey now, friend. Let's not get carried away with such delicious-sounding nicknames. I have a proper name befitting my manly stature. It's Ruggie Bucchi. Don't wear it out," Ruggie replies, feeling offended.

Then Leona turns to see Briar, "Hey... I know you." causing Briar to flinch in fear.

Leona continues, "You're the herbivores who stepped on my tail at the botanical gardens."

Briar becomes stunned that Leona remembers that.

And it's not pleasing to the Savanaclaw students either.

One says in shock, "You... You stepped on the housewarden's tail?"

"Now you're really gonna pay!" The second student says angrily.

Briar quickly says, "And I AM sorry about that. I apologize I didn't see your tail when I was walking around and..."

But one of the students says, "'Sorry' is not good enough!"

Then Ruggie remembers, "Oh, that's right. I thought I'd seen you somewhere. It was in the gardens, huh?"

"Um yeah," Briar says, nervously.

Then the second student says, "C'mon, Leona, Ruggie—let's beat 'em up!"

But Leona says, "Stop yappin' like a pack of wild dogs. You really wanna risk starting a fight before the tournament? What if you get disqualified?"

"What, so you're just gonna let 'em walk away? Not even nibble on 'em a little?!" The third student asks.

"No one's lettin' anyone walk away. We're gonna resolve this with a 'friendly' game of Spelldrive," Leona says, and suddenly shows a small smirk on his face.

The first student asks, "Spelldrive?"

"After all, it doesn't violate any school rules to cast spells during a game of Spelldrive," Leona says, as he crosses his arms.

Ruggie chuckles with a grin, "Shyeheehee! I doubt these weaklings could endure so much as a single game."

Grim angrily says, "Welp, I'm not takin' THAT lyin' down. Now we got no choice but to fight."

"You say that like we had a choice to begin with," Deuce says.

"Either way, it doesn't seem like they'll let us leave so easily," Jasper says.

Ace says in frustration, "All right, fine! You're on. Cater! Remember this when you pick the official team!"

"Are you kidding me here...?" Cater asks, a little annoyed.

Then brings out his phone, "Hashtag #lame. All right, let's do this..."

Then turns to Briar, "Briar, you, and the others watch from the sidelines. Try to read their movements and convey it to us, okay?"