Chapter 21: Plan Synchronizing

Riddle explains to the group about the plan on how to expose the wrongdoings of Leona and the Savanaclaw Dorm. Soon enough, Riddle has finished explaining his plan.

"Huh. That's actually not half bad, dude," Ace says.

"That is quite the plan, Housewarden Rosehearts!" Deuce says.

"The plan seems full proof," Jasper says.

"It might actually work," Tanzanite adds.

"Sounds like 'ol Cay-Cay has a lot of prep work to do before the big day!" Cater says.

"Thank you, Cater. Take care not to raise any suspicions," Riddle says.

Then Cater turns to Jack, "So, H-B-U, Jack? You heard Riddle's plan. Are you in? Or out?"

"There's nothing cowardly about it, at least. I suppose we can work together this one time," Jack answers.

"Really feelin' the trust there, Jack," Grim replies.

"Cool beans. Let's all get back to our dorms for today. I know I'm about ready to keel over," Ace says.

"Yeah, and I'm starving!" Grim says.

"I have to agree. We have to get some rest if we're going to get ready for tomorrow," Briar says.

Trinket nods her head in reply.

Suddenly, Riddle says, "Hold on a moment, freshmen."

Everyone stops and turns to Riddle.

Riddle sternly says, "Because of the information it yielded, I am going to overlook your flagrant violation of rule #6: 'No fighting on campus.' But rest assured that if it happens again, it will cost you your heads. Are we clear?"

"Yes sir, Housewarden Rosehearts," Briar, and her group, Ace and Deuce answer.

Jack agrees too, "...Yeah."

"Very well. Let us return to our dorms," Riddle says, and takes his leave.

Jack then turns to Ace and whispers to him, "Man, I thought he looked like a wuss, but your housewarden is one scary dude."

"You ain't wrong. Mistake him for a friendly hedgehog and you'll quickly learn he's actually a furious porcupine," Ace whispers back.

"Let's all get well-rested for tournament day!" Briar says.

"Yeah. Leona's cheating days are over," Jasper says.

And with that, everyone returns to their dorms for the night to get rested for the tournament, and to put an end to the incidents.

Later in the night at the Savanaclaw Dorm Lounge, most of the students, including Leona and Ruggie are there.

Leona is also giving Ruggie a scolding, "Ruggie, what's this I heard about you gettin' chased around by the Heartslabyul kids and those Ramshackle misfits at lunch?! You idiot! I told you a thousand times to make sure you didn't leave any evidence behind!"

"I... I didn't! That was some kind of a fluke," Ruggie quickly says, "You don't need to worry about a thing, Boss. They've got no evidence whatsoever. Cross my heart and hope to die!"

"Hmph," Leona huffs.

And says, "Anyway, I secured the cooperation of that creepy squid at Octavinelle, but it didn't come cheap. If you idiots mess things up on tournament day, I am gonna fry you up and eat you myself."

"The main dish is coming along nicely," Ruggie says.

Then one of the Savanaclaw student says, "Don't worry. We're gonna have those Diasomnia jerks pleading for mercy on tournament day!"

"I do look forward to watching this all play out," Ruggie says, "Oh, how the world will praise us when they see you standing over a battered Malleus Draconia! Maybe some top corporate recruiters will even take an interest in a little ol' hyena like me.

Then the student says, "Even the pro leagues will be scouting you!"

Soon, many of the students are excited for the tournament tomorrow.

"Look at all'a you—celebratin' when you've only just sunk your claws into your prey," Leona says, annoyed.

Then one of the students says, "You're gonna be the most famous of all, Leona!"

Another student says, "Everyone in the Sunset Savanna is gonna have some second thoughts about who should be the next king!"

"Succession ain't got nothin' to do with ability," Leona mutters, frustrated.

"Huh?" Ruggie questions, thinking Leona has said something.

"Nothin'," Leona says.

He lets out a yawn and says, "I'm headin' to bed. All of you, scram."

"Yessir. Sleep well, Housewarden," Ruggie says.

Soon, Ruggie and the rest of the students take their leave and back to their dorms for the night. Once gone, Leona walks towards the pool close by to see his own reflection.

Leona looks at his reflection and says to himself, "As if conquerin' this school is gonna fix anything in the real world..."

Leona clenches his fist and grits his teeth. Unknown to him is that his magepen begins to seep out more of the black ink, and a dark yellow aura begins to surround his body. The ink falls to the ground and some begin to merge to make a bigger blot of ink.