Chapter 28: Vengeance Served Hot

Hearing Riddle catches Crowley by surprise.

Crowley turns to Riddle and says, "Mr. Rosehearts? And I see you're with... Ah."

And soon become surprised to see many of the other teams from the other dorms are here, Trey and Jamil included.

Then Riddle says, "Correct. They are the victims in this incident."

Headmage, speaking on behalf of the victims, I have a request for you. We would like you to permit Savanaclaw House to play in the tournament despite their crimes," Trey says.

This catches Crowley in shock, "What...? Are you saying...you wish to forgive their crimes?"

"You guys..." Ruggie says, just as surprised.

"No. That's the last thing we want," Jamil adds.

Then Trey says, "If Savanaclaw is disqualified from the tournament, we'll lose our chance at revenge."

"Wh-whaaat?!" Ruggie says, shocked.

Even Jack is shocked, "Revenge?!"

"After all, fighting with magic is forbidden on campus," Riddle says.

"But during a Spelldrive game, it's all in the name of sport, right?" Trey adds, "It just happens to be a sport where players face off using the fullest extent of their magic."

One of the Heartslabyul Students agrees, "Yeah. If we lose our chance at revenge, it'll gnaw at us all year!"

And a Pomefiore Student shouts, "We throw down the gauntlet! Duel us!"

"Plus, I dunno what happened here, but it looks like it left the Savanaclaw kids in even worse shape than we're in," Jamil says.

Then Trey says, "What we're saying is: now that we know who did this, we have an opportunity to hash things out on the field instead of letting grudges fester."

"You've said it yourself, Leona—fighting doesn't break school rules if it's a part of a Spelldrive match!" Cater says.

"Normally, I would demand their heads. But if Trey and the others insist on settling their grudges on the field... I am willing to overlook their disregard for the rules this once," Riddle says.

Then Crowley says, "I understand where you're coming from. However, the question is: Are these Savanaclaw students even capable of taking to the field?" And turns to Leona, "Mr. Kingscholar has only just regained consciousness!"

But Leona lets out a cackle with a confident smirk, "Heh heh... Ha ha ha! Don't you underestimate me, Crowley. I wouldn't even need to be awake to handle this sorry pack of wounded herbivores."

"Wow. Now THAT is audacious," Jamily replies.

"I got no intention of bowin' to anyone. If you want my apology, come and take it," Leona says.

Then Trey asks the headmage, "Do we have your blessing, Headmage?"

"Dear me. Aren't I the fool for thinking you all wanted to talk about your feelings?" Crowley says.

Then agrees to the terms, "Your petition is granted. Savanaclaw will be allowed to participate in the tournament, as originally planned. And as headmage, I very much appreciate that this will keep our little scandal under wraps as the whole world is watching.

Briar says to herself, "Wooow, nice example you're setting, Headmage."

"Yup, just sweep it under the carpet," Jasper adds.

Crowley clears his throat, "Well, the spectators have surely grown weary of waiting for the players to appear. Do make haste."

"All right, let's—" Leona says, but starts to feel pain in his body, "Urk! That hurt..."

"Don't think you've earned my forgiveness," Ruggie says.

"Right, and?" Leona replies.

"Still... I couldn't tell you why, but... It still pains me to see that pathetic look on your face," Ruggie says. "Your usual smug, sneering grin—somehow, that suits you better."

He then commands, "So come on, now! 'Laugh With Me!'"

And with that, Ruggie uses his signature spell on Leona and begins to Grin.

Leona begins to chin uncontrollably as he screams, "Owwww! Ruggie, what are you doin'...?!"

Ruggie snickers, "Shyeheehee! I can't tell you how long I've wanted to do this!"

"Knock it off! Now!" Leona angrily shouts through the grin on his face.

"You guys are a buncha idiots. ...Heh," Jack says, and lets out a chuckle.

"Well, I guess we can call this case closed," Briar says.

"Guess so," Jack replies.

He then says, "I owe you guys for this. Thanks to you, I'll be able to go out there and give 100%."

"But on that field, we will be enemies. We will hold nothing back," Riddle points out.

Jack smirks and says, "I wouldn't have it any other way!"