Chapter 16: A Portrait Spying

Later in the night, Briar and the others continue to sleep. Like before, Briar ends up having another dream. Briar soon finds herself in some dark area.

Briar looks around and wonders, "What is this place? Where am I now?"

Suddenly, she hears footsteps that sound like marching. Suddenly, scenery turns yellow and turns her head to see various rows of hyenas are marching as they have their heads up, and seem to be facing the same direction.

"A parade of animals...? No... hyenas...?" Briar says, confused. "What's going on here?"

Suddenly, a lion appears on the top of the tall rock pillar. The lion is elegant and poised, but also unkempt and wild-looking. He is perhaps the most evidently feline lion, scraggly and melanistic in appearance with a sleek, black mane, tawny fur, and distinctive, almond-shaped neon green eyes. He has large, tan paws with long, curving black claws that, unlike those of other lions she has seen in pictures. He also has a white goatee beard, and a small, thin, pink scar over his left eye. She soon remembers that the lion looks a lot like the statue of Scar, so she begins to think that the lion is Scar.

On the top of the rock, Scar says, " The world is about to be turned upside down. A shining new era is near.

Then one of the hyenas named Shenzi asks, "And where do we fit in?"

"Just listen," Scar says. "We're going to take out Mufasa AND his son. And then I will be king!"

Then another hyena named Banzai cheers, "All right! Long live the King!"

Then all the hyenas cheer, "Long live the King!"

Then Scar says, "I've fangs and courage that none can match. So be prepared!"

Briar simply watches as she isn't entirely sure what is taking place.

Confused and concerned, Briar wonders, "Why did he want to be king so badly?"

The next day, Briar soon begins to wake up from her sleep. She sits and lets out a yawn.

She rubs her eyes and says, "Man, I can't believe I had another animal dream. It was pretty wild."

She then says in thought, "How come that lion seems so familiar."

Just then, the door opens and Grim enters the room, "Oh, Briar, you're up?"

"Yeah. I'm up," Briar says.

"Good. Get the girls up! Breakfast is gettin' cold! Let's go eat already!" Grim says.

Briar giggles, "Alright."

After getting up, and getting dressed, the Ramshackle Dorm group are making their way to the school and are in Main Street.

Grim turns to Briar, "By the way, did you go somewhere last night? I got up to warm up some milk. Was gonna see if you and the girls wanted some but you weren't there."

"Oh sorry about that," Briar says.

"Where did you go off to?" Sereia asks.

"Well, I had trouble sleeping last night because my body felt sore after what happened at the Savanaclaw Dorm Spelldrive field, and decided to go out and get some air, and to think about stuff. But the weirdest thing is that a boy with black horns approached me sometime I came out of the dorm," Briar explains.

"Huh! A weird dude with horns?" Grim says, surprised.

"I wouldn't call him weird, but he seems mysterious," Briar says.

"Did this dude have a name?" Grim asks.

"That's the weird thing, he didn't give me his name. I asked him and he said it will be best for me not to know," Briar says.