Chapter 31: The Final Sales Tally

Time has passed, Briar and the others are back at the Ramshackle Dorm, and many of them have already gone to their room, and to sleep for the night.

Briar yawns and says, "Well, that was quite a day."

She checks in the room across from the girls' to see Tanzantie, Jasper, and Grim are asleep.

Grim is practically snoring, "*snooooore* Mnyah mnyah mnyah... *snoooore*"

Briar giggles as she hears Grim snore. She then gently closes the door to the boys room, and walks into her room. She then sees Sereia and Trinket are fast asleep.

"Guess I should get to bed too," Briar says to herself.

Briar walks to bed, and turns off the lights to the room. She then tucks herself into the sheet and falls asleep for the night.

Later in the night, everyone is fast asleep in the doom. As the girls sleep, the mirror suddenly begins to glow. Briar soon begins to slowly wake up to the strange glowing light. She sits up and looks to see the mirror is flashing and glowing.

"Is the mirror...shining?" Briar says to herself, confused.

Curious, Briar quickly gets out of bed and looks at the mirror. To her shock, Briar is seeing a shadow figure within the mirror, causing her to gasp in shock.

The next day, in the Ramshackle Dorm room, Tanzanite, Jasper, and Grim are still asleep.

Grim is still snoring, "*snooooore* Mnyah mnyah mnyah... *snoooore*"

In the other room, Sereia, and Trinket are still fast asleep. All, except for Briar. Briar has been up for the rest of the night, thinking about what she witnessed last night.

"Was this some kind of dream? What was that strange black shadow in the mirror?" Briar asks herself.

Briar can't seem to wrap her head around what she has seen. A strange shadow in the mirror. At first, she believes she has dreamed it, but she isn't so sure.

Meanwhile, in another dorm called the Octavinelle Dorm. Some of the students are walking or sitting in the lounge, it's decorated to be some undersea theme, with seaweed, shells, and the lights look like octopus tentacles. Somewhere in the lounge are the Housewarden Azul and Floyd.

"Sales at this year's Spelldrive tournament were up 12% compared to last year. Not a bad haul," Azul says.

But Floyd says, "Yeah, but this year we ended up closer to the bottom of the tournament rankings than the top."

Just so long as we weren't at the very bottom," Azul says, "Let's not forget that Spelldrive is nothing more than a game in which students run around chasing a disc like dogs in a yard. Now, a school event more worthy of the full attention of Octavinelle House might be, say... Final exams."

Then Jade, Vice Housewarden, walks over and says, "Azul! We received an urgent message from a client. They wish to speak tonight at the lounge, in person."

"Urgent, you say?" Azul question.

He calmly smiles and says, "Well, we'll have to prepare a proper welcome. I do look forward to learning more very soon. Heh heh heh."