Chapter 13

"I can't tel-tell you, what happened, im sorry" she said her sobs almost died away now replaced by small hiccups. "It's ok, you don't have to, im here for you either way" Katie replied and she rubbed her hand up and down the taller girls back. "I need to bandage my neck" Phoenix Finnaly said as she pulled away from the hug. "Then let's go do that, do you have bandages in your dorm" Katie replied.  Phoenix nodded and they went upstairs. She pulled out the medical box and Katie opened it. She cleaned the wound and nicely wrapped the bandage around her neck. "Your going to be ok right, I'm not going to find you hurt again" Katie asked.

Phoenix wished more then anything to tell her she wouldn't but that would be a lie. "I don't know" she replied. "Do your parents know you did this?" She asked. Phoenix who had her head down shook her head. Katie put her hands on Phoenix's cheeks cupping her tear soaked face and asked "Do you want me to stay with you tonight?". Phoenix nodded and soon found herself lying down on her bed her back to Katie who softly stroked her hair whispering calm words like 'Its going to be ok' and 'Im here' because she could feel Phoenix's soft shakes and fidgets and knew that tears were slipping down her cheeks. She finnaly stopped and fell into a deep sleep.

The next day was hard, the lessons dragged on and she felt ill, she knew with the added potion for the full moon tonight she was gonna be on a ruff patch tommorow. Luckily with the weather beginning to rid itself of warmth no one really questioned the scarf Phoenix had wrapped around her neck to hide the bandages, but she did hear the occasional snicker and whisper that she was hiding hickeys.

By lunch she felt sick, it was a mix of fear and weakness and she couldn't even eat, she became so shaky she didn't show up for her last two lessons but went to her dorm and sat on the edge of her bed her foot bouncing on the floor. Just before dinner someone opened the door and she found George there. "The full moons tonight" he said as if it wasn't obvious to her. "It hurts you know, I only changed once but as soon as it started I was so overwhelmed by the pain I passed out, my parents said I wouldn't be lucky on some occasions" she replied. "It'll be ok Nix, I'll wait outside the hospital wing for you tommorow morning" he said. "Thanks Georgie, I should get going it's about to get dark" she said and George nodded.

She soon went to Madam Pompfrey who gave her a vile of a blue liquid that she drank instantly. The liquid went down her throat and felt like it burnt it, it was alot stronger then the one her parents had given her. "I'll meet you outside the tree in the morning" Madam Pompfrey told her so she responded with a nod before beginning her walk.

In a couple of minutes the full affects of the potion had taken over her. Nearly everyone was at dinner so outside was silent and she walked over to the womping willow that had no protest to her as it would with other students and she slipped through a gap by the trunk into a passage. It was small so she had to crouch, but was wide enough to have two other people stand next to her.

She went on down the passage further and further her senses feeling more drowsy and every step feeling more painful, but finnaly she reached the shack. It was wooden but she could tell protective spells had been placed across it that she wouldn't break it, she had only ever seen it from the outside while she was in hogsmeade and the inside didn't appeal anymore then the outside did. A small mattress lay in the corner, but she knew there was no use in using it, her other form would more likely rip it up then use it for comfort. With her own privacy she undressed so she did not need to replace her clothes and sat unclothed in the corner, she knew miles away Remus would he in the same position.

Then she felt it. But she wasn't rewarded with the same luck as last times as a part of her fought to stay awake, she felt the pain of her bones stretching and becoming smaller and her skin becoming thinner. She screamed out as she felt her skull change shape to a unnatural way and how her nails grew to claws and with the hope to stop the pain she seemed to tune it out and then it all disappeared.

She woke up and something was in her eyes, something wet. She wiped it with her hand and blinked but all was bluey, with a few more blinks she saw the room a bit more clearly and she pushed herself up, she got her clothes that were hidden beneath the mattress and dressed. She shook while doing this, she felt so numb, and knew if she tried to talk she wouldn't be able to. Her mind hadn't even grasp the injuries that she had inflicted on herself.

She made her way stumbling across the long passage way and finally got to the end and pulled herself out the hole. She looked and saw Madam Pompfrey waiting for her who let out a small squeal of horror.

Her mind first went to the marks on her neck, she knew they were now in sight, the plan of pretending she had gotten them last night seemed to be the best one. But then she finnaly seemed to realise a few things. She had limped on her leg and the numbing feeling was the pain coming from her thigh which she must of injured bad as there was blood coming through her jeans, but she realised that could of even be the trick of an eye as the wet stuff in her eye was blood, lots of blood, pouring from her head down her face coating 3/4s if it.