Chapter 38

They all nodded. It had been three months, almost four.

"You alright?" James asked and she now became aware that she was almost hyperventilating.

"I think, I need a shower," she said and she stood up quickly leaving the room.

"She hasn't been outside long, she's been kept somewhere dark," Regulus then said to the quiet room.

"How do you know that?" Sirius asked.

"She's too pale, it's from lack of sunlight," Regulus said.

"I'm going to write to McGonagall ask for a few weeks off," Remus said and he quietly went to grab a parchment and quill, he had been given the job as the Hogwarts defence against the dark arts teacher but was back at home every weekend, they had all been trying to find Phoenix in there spare time.

The shower was calming, all the dry blood and dirt came off her and where the wounds used to be there were white marks.

She changed out of the clothes before into a soft jumper and leggings, she already felt a lot calmer.

In her room were a pile of letters, most likely from her friends, she knew she would open them later on.

She came downstairs to find them all still in the same room. "Sorry about that," she said softly sitting back down where she was before which was between Regulus and Remus.

"No need to be sorry, do you want some food or something to drink?" Remus asked, she looked like she had lost quite a bit of weight and her cheeks looked hollow.

"I'm ok," she replied softly.

"How did you get out?" Sirius asked, they were all thinking it.

"I grabbed his wand, body binded him and snapped his wand," she told them.

"He's going to try to come back for her," Remus muttered.

"Yeah but without a wand things are going to be more tricky for him," Sirius responded.

Phoenix felt a bit tired, it was already late in the evening, getting here had taken a long time.

"You're tired, do you want to go to sleep," Sirius asked.

"No I'm not," she responded quickly and he laughed a little, a smile reaching his face, one that hadn't been there for a while.

"Well if you're not going to sleep, you should eat," Remus said and he would not take no for an answer so soon Phoenix had had her first proper meal in awhile.

Soon enough James and Regulus left and Phoenix did agree to go to sleep. When she did get to her room and into bed it felt a bit strange. She was meant to have a whole summer here, lazy mornings and days out, but instead she had been stuck in that horrible cell. She hadn't realised how long she had been there, if she was told it was August it wouldn't surprise her.

Instead of sleeping she began to go through the letters.

...

Dear Nix,

Me and my family are going to Eygpt, we won the lottery. It's going to be bloody hot over there, but we'll see you at end of August.

George

...

Dear Nix,

It's so nice in France but I miss you, I hope your summers going well. I'm definitely taking you here one day.

I love you
Iris

...

Hey Phoenix,

Me, Katie and Lee were planning to go diagon because that new joke shop opened, write back if you want to come,

Alicia

...

Phoenix, are you alright none of us have heard from you please let us know your ok.

Angelina

...

Phoenix, please write were all worried, George told me your not writing back and so did the others, tell us you're ok

Iris

...

The letters stopped after that and Phoenix was sure they must of found out what had happened, it was weird to think that they were all at Hogwarts unaware of where she was.

She did finally fall asleep and it was so relaxing not sleeping on a stone cold floor but under a cother and with pillows instead.

When she got up Remus made her breakfast and they all talked, she was going to stay home for a couple of weeks before going to school and they were going to put some enchantments on there home to disguise it from Greyback. She was not allowed out the house without one of them with her.

...

"Holy shit, holy shit," Angelina yelled standing up with shock grasping the daily prophet in her hand.

"What is it?" Lee asked and Angelina placed down the paper and Lee took it.

Lee began to read out loud to the others around them at the breakfast table. "Ministry officials are happy to announce that Hogwarts student Phoenix Black-Lupin returned home after escaping Fenrir Greyback," he read.

There was squeals of delight and shock and some curses from Iris and Fred, George had stood up on the bench with joy.

"Chill the hell out, you're making a scene," Phoenix chuckled.

They all turned around completely shocked to even be hearing her voice.

"Sup," she said with a little wave and then Iris practically threw herself at her girlfriend hugging her tight.

"Fucking hell Nix, fucking hell," she mumbled as she set her head into Phoenix's shoulder as small tears began to fall down her space.

"It's alright, I'm back I'm alive," she chuckled holding onto Iris and then looking over to her friends and smiling at them.

Harry was also very delighted to welcome back his cousin, many people were. Iris practically clung to her the rest of the evening and she sat in the common room glad to be around friends again.

She travelled to Hogwarts by floo with Remus that morning. She was happy to hear he was a teacher here and that she would now get to see him even more.

It was all just so happy. She hated being apart from everyone and now here she was back with people she loved and cared about and not with a worry in the world.